3DS or some alternative

Just check :point_up_2: all the post of users that tell their Curve card gets rejected because of Curve NOT having 3DS. I have the same experience. Curve just does NOT support 3DS.

What you are experiencing is a site that supports 3DS, but it is optional, it does not require it. The site checks if your card supports 3DS, it realizes that your Curve card does not support it, but as the site does not require it, it decides to continue the transaction anyway.

More and more websites (outside the UK) do require 3DS supported cards, that is why it is such a shame Curve does still not have it. Instead of 3DS Curve decided to develop P2P functionality first.This is in my opinion a big mistake.

1 Like

Curve own help page

Why was my purchase “declined”?

The merchant requires 3DS which we currently don’t support but will do in the future.

5 Likes

This. 3DS support is urgently needed. Since last week I’m noticing more EU merchants blocking non-3DS cards.

8 Likes

I would like to see someone of team Curve to comment on this. “Sometime in the future” is not tolerable anymore.

6 Likes

Seems like they’re celebrating successful crowdfunding campaign and preparing for the party in Bristol, and not have any time to work on 3DS or something required by customers right now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can confirm that more and more Internet transactions get rejected.

1 Like

I’d be celebrating as well if I had people actively putting money into a company I was a part of, especially when the real financial information about how they will make a return on their investment is virtually non existent. :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I think Curve displays very bad carma when they don’t even reply in this thread about a serious problem for all of their non-UK customers.
If Curve wants to be respected as a serious alternative for customers outside the UK they really should have a plan to soon realize 3DS support.
So Curve, why won’t you respond to your customers outside UK?

4 Likes

The silence… The delay…

I can see that they have provided a software update to the iOS app to support 3D secure. But it looks like it is only limited to Black or metal customers at the moment.

I’m on legacy black :frowning:

The way I read the update description, it refers to paying for a Black or Metal subscription, not to using your Curve card for an online purchase requiring 3Ds.

4 Likes

I have switched all payments for online purchases to my Revolut card since Curve don’t work for me anymore.

3 Likes

Just a little bump to put this thread back on top. This needs more votes.

4 Likes

Hye, +1 for 3DSecure or a dynamic CVV on the card or in the app, buy randomizing a cvv or fingerprint validation.

1 Like

Unsure what’s the hold to implement this feature. In my world Curve could just make like Revolut that is you will be prompt in the app to verify and approve the transaction. Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

We have many dependencies with regards to using various payment partners to process transactions. We are close to being ready and will try our level best to not let it affect customers.

3 Likes

It already is affecting customers. But good to hear you are close to being ready!

2 Likes

Like revolut saying soon ?
And it’s taking forever

Yes, 3DS is urgently needed. I really hope close to being ready really is quite soon.

7 Likes

Don’t forget to up vote this idea if you haven’t already. You need to scroll back to top of the page and click on the vote button you find on the upper left corner.

6 Likes