Ability to turn off card features

It will be great if in the app one has the ability to turn on/off:

• Online transactions
  • ATM withdrawals
  • Abroad payments (if you are at home and want to prevent fraud from abroad)

Also, ability to set specific daily/transaction limits.

This will add one more flexible layer on the security, and not only lock the entire card.

What you think @Curve_Marie

Clever suggestion @vebaev!

5 Likes

Yes, this has proved to be a value feature within mobile banking and increasingly within the legacy bank apps. Good call.

It will be great for the protection if in the app there are options for:

• Turn on/off transactions abroad (only domestic allowed)
  • Turn on/off ATM withdrawals
  • Set a specific limit for a single transaction
  • Turn on/off magstripe
3 Likes

Like this? :wink:

Oh I thought my old post was lost somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha - topics (& votes) merged!

4 Likes

Nope. And it’s just as good an idea second time around :grin: (Even better, in fact).

I’m a great fan of the sensible use of toggles, particularly around card functions. They really can give you a whole new level of control and reassurance.

2 Likes

Add security settings apge like revolut
Require pincode on every contactless payment
Disable NFC
Disable mag strpe
Location security

4 Likes

You can already vote for that here:

1 Like

Disable contactless payment on the card
But still enable, google pay, samsung pay, apple pay

2 Likes

I suggest app location based security (see this feature on Revolut app). I also suggest create virtual card and one-time use virtual card which would be connected Curve card. This virtual card would give the option of providing card data during online transactions without risking physical card data. If the seller or acquire is attacked, the virtual card can be easily canceled and a new one generated

2 Likes

@pawelnyczaj you can vote for the virtual cards in this thread :wink:

3 Likes

Hi,

As a lot of curve customers have all of their cards in curve it must be possible to block and unblock the card for certain regions or countries. This would make the card more secure.

1 Like

And I would add, be able to enable/disable contactless and to set spending limits

2 Likes

This feature is already planned for 2020. Its mentioned in the november 2019 changelog as a task to complete in 2020. Keep your fingers crossed.

You can already vote for that here:

I would like to have contactless function enable/disable in card settings. And set up contactless operation limit.

2 Likes

I was just about to suggest this, then I saw this thread and posted here instead.

I would love to see such security toggles in the Curve app. I don’t think it’s difficult to implement and it would be a big improvement in security. This, combined with the addition of virtual cards, would indeed make Curve the only card I use in all contexts.

(As of now Curve is ideal for “card present” transactions, but I prefer a combination of Revolut’s virtual/disposable virtual cards for online)

2 Likes

This is perfect security enhance. To this Revolut list I would add Bunq map with allowed transactions where you are selecting countries from where you are allowing process payments. It is nice fraud blocker. You were never been in on different continent? Payments from there will be blocked until you don’t unlock it.

2 Likes