Add the Capability to Request Authorized Users on Curve Account

I posted this in Help US, but is probably more appropriate here. So feel free to merge that post into this one.

I’m so happy that I have Curve now here in the US! But I would love for my wife to be able to join in the fun as well! She is an authorized user on all of my underlying credit cards, so it would be really nice if we could just add her as an authorized user to my Curve account so that she could pull from the same Curve account.

I know she could apply for her own Curve account, however that would prevent her from adding some of our cards, and would also accrue cashback separately which is less than ideal. From what I understand, the majority of card issuers in the US issue authorized user cards with an identical card number as the primary, which would prevent her from adding the card to her account if I had already added it to mine. I know Chase and Citi do this, for example. (Amex, Barclaycard, and Capital One issue different numbers)

Would love to have the capability to add her an an authorized user so she could get her own Curve card that can link to the same cards as me.

Hello friends! Now that I have been approved, I have another question. Is it possible to get an authorized user card for my wife so she can use Curve too?

@shelby.burbach @thomas.lynch

@PaulieMyk Hey! At this time, we don’t allow authorized users for the same Curve card. She would need to create her own independent Curve account.

3 Likes

Thanks @thomas.lynch!

A couple follow up questions:

• Is that a potential option in the future?
  • Some of our credit cards where she is an authorized user have the same exact credit card number. Will she also be able to add those cards to her Curve account if I have already added them to mine?
1 Like

Nope. They only allow a card number to be used on one curve account at a time.

I don’t see why they can’t do it. Maybe tell support your card is damaged and see if they send you a duplicate without changing the number and just let her use it. Nobody checks names on cards anyway.

2 Likes