Amazon 10% off?

Email says pay out will be on 17 th December

1 Like

Great Idea, let me buy a voucher for myself right now

If I was Curve or Amazon I would exclude gift voucher purchase from the qualifying spend and I think it is rash and risky to assume that they have not already done so…

I guess most of us here have a free Curve (blue) card and are not charged anything when they spend with the card, so I am not sure what you mean.

2 Likes

Hi Hannah,
what about puchases or top-up on Amazon.it or any other Amazon in Euro Zone ?
i.e. "…you’ve spent at least £100 = 110,31 € "
Thanks,
Paolo

A post was merged into an existing topic: Amazon Cashback 10£?

Hey Philip, the variation in name won’t affect this, they’ll all still be counted!

I’ve checked this with our team and eligible spend is counted in GBP only so if you’re making a transaction in EUR, NOK etc. then it’ll need to be the equivalent of £100. This would be based on the rate at time of purchase but I’m guessing this won’t cause too many issues as it’s unlikely that somebody will spend exactly £100 in another currency - If you’re worried about this I’d suggest spending just over the £100 mark if possible.

Just like normal cashback, if you return an item and your transaction is refunded then your points are removed. This will be the same with this promotion. Our team are still working on the technicalities of this but for now you can take it that your £10 cashback will be removed if your transactions are refunded and that results in you having spent less than £100 within the timeframe.

You can now find the terms here - https://www.curve.com/en-gb/legal/amazon-promotion-terms/

1 Like

Note that these T&Cs are wrong. They say that:

• Only purchases on Amazon.com count - it seems regional sites are included
  • Closing date is end of day on 14th Dec - but Curve emailed their customers on 2nd Dec saying eligible transactions were for the next 14 days, so 15th December is included as well
1 Like

I didn’t receive the message in the Curve app (reinstalled the app, but still no cigar), neither did I receive an email. I am starting to wonder what’s wrong with my account :thinking:.

Reading the terms it still looks like I am eligible though. Lucky me :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Maybe you have opt out at some point for marketing emails?

2 Likes

I have received previous marketing emails from Curve just fine.

2 Likes

This all feels rather rushed through…

Does it work with any amazon? .de? .fr? .it? .es? .com?

It doesn’t matter what you purchase on Amazon as Curve isn’t able to see this. So you can buy whatever you want - food, clothes, tech, vouchers - as long as it’s from an official Amazon site and that’s the name that will appear on your app/statement. Similarly, it doesn’t matter which national Amazon site you’re going to use - the promotion will work for all.
( Amazon de fr .it.es .com YES)

4 Likes

Hey, I’ve checked the terms again and this is what they say:

Eligible Transaction : An Eligible Transaction means any successful transaction made at any Amazon online store with your Curve card during the Promotional period” - So this means you can shop on any Amazon site,

Promotional Period: The promotion starts at 00:00:01 (GMT) on 1 December 2020 and ends at 23:59:29 (GMT) on 14 December 2020” - Our emails and push notifications go out in batches so it’s possible that you might not have received a message on the 1st but the promotion runs from the 1st to the 14th. Transactions made on December 15th won’t be included.

I’m sorry for any confusion here, it’s possible that our terms were recently updated so it might not have been clear before. Happy to answer any other questions! :blush:

2 Likes

Hannah - do legacy cards which still accrue the old Curve Rewards scheme (as distinct from the current Curve Cash scheme) benefit from this offer? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, but they forgot to update the ‘Restrictions’ section and you emailed your customer base with an expiry date the day after the T&Cs have it down as.

Are you going to honour the T&Cs in the Dec 2nd email, or give users 13 days to qualify?

People find the weirdest things to nitpick… It’s a free £10 even for just topping up your account, and you have either 13 or 14 days to do it, does it really matter that much when it take 3 minutes? It doesn’t get much easier than this!

1 Like

Hey, our emails go out in batches but it’s possible that some were delayed a little bit as there was a huge amount of people to email - even an automated system can get overwhelmed sometimes.

I understand that it’s confusing if you received the email a little late but the timeframe is still from December 1st to the 14th. I’ve passed your feedback on to our marketing team though so they can take this type of situation into consideration going forward.

Just trying to be helpful as Curve don’t seem to be aware of what they’ve done. If they email people on the 2nd Dec telling them they have 14 days to qualify for an offer (when it’s really 13) then you’re going to have some customers miss out inadvertently - sure, sticking in a complaint will always get the Financial Ombudsman on your side, but there’ll be other customers who just suck it up, get annoyed, and stop using Curve.

As importantly, it seems the Curve legal team have made a small mistake when approving the comms - as a business owner, it’s really, really useful to know this in advance especially when it’s just a small issue, as it means you have an opportunity to fix a broken process before it really hurts your business next time around.

1 Like