Amazon 10% off?

Thanks, but they forgot to update the ‘Restrictions’ section and you emailed your customer base with an expiry date the day after the T&Cs have it down as.

Are you going to honour the T&Cs in the Dec 2nd email, or give users 13 days to qualify?

People find the weirdest things to nitpick… It’s a free £10 even for just topping up your account, and you have either 13 or 14 days to do it, does it really matter that much when it take 3 minutes? It doesn’t get much easier than this!

1 Like

Hey, our emails go out in batches but it’s possible that some were delayed a little bit as there was a huge amount of people to email - even an automated system can get overwhelmed sometimes.

I understand that it’s confusing if you received the email a little late but the timeframe is still from December 1st to the 14th. I’ve passed your feedback on to our marketing team though so they can take this type of situation into consideration going forward.

Just trying to be helpful as Curve don’t seem to be aware of what they’ve done. If they email people on the 2nd Dec telling them they have 14 days to qualify for an offer (when it’s really 13) then you’re going to have some customers miss out inadvertently - sure, sticking in a complaint will always get the Financial Ombudsman on your side, but there’ll be other customers who just suck it up, get annoyed, and stop using Curve.

As importantly, it seems the Curve legal team have made a small mistake when approving the comms - as a business owner, it’s really, really useful to know this in advance especially when it’s just a small issue, as it means you have an opportunity to fix a broken process before it really hurts your business next time around.

1 Like

For anyone who has an issue with 13 vs 14days, let’s end this conversation now :wink:
Please just buy a 100gbp equivalent Amazon gift card now (or whatever you still need to reach the min. spend) and then redeem it on the 14th / anytime in the future.

2 Likes

Hi, I’d be happy to spend 100£ on Amazon but I’m getting one decline after the other and still no answer from support after almost several days (even before this promotion);

Is there anything I can do apart from waiting?

Thanks!

That’s all very well and good for people who spot they got the email a day late. You seem to have read this as ‘I’m going to be awkward and wait until the 15th’, but I feel @Connie has been clear where her concerns come from - less observant people may miss out - seems sensible to suggest a simple extension to avoid any hard feelings.

For a great promotion, the messaging had been a bit sloppy.

I take more issue with calling it 10% off since only spending exactly £100 gets you 10% back… if you got ‘10% up to a max of £10’ off that would seem fair (ie no minimum spend), but really for a product aimed at the financially savvy, saying 10% when you mean £10 just looks a bit shifty.

Agreed, it should have said “Get £10 when you spend £100 or more at Amazon”. Saying it as “10%” can mislead users for sure.

4 Likes

Misleads some, irritates others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will be sent an email or there is a page about this Amazon promotion?

Email was sent last week and also Push notification in app (I received both). Even if you didn’t get the email, I believe the offer is open to all Curve users regardless of which Curve plan you’re on.

2 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t receive any email or push notification of the Amazon promotion. Only read about it in here.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Amazon Cashback 10£?

I had something to buy for 89€, so i thought i’d get up to the 100£ by getting a few kindle books from my list. However i see that one is listed as “Amzn Digital” and the other is listed as “Kindle svcs” on my statement in the curve app for some reason. Will both still count?

Safer to buy an Amazon gift card and spend from it

2 Likes

Promotional Period: The promotion starts at 00:00:01 (GMT) on 1 December 2020 and ends at 23:59:29 (GMT) on 14 December 2020.

Just claimed mine. However the popup in-app still matches the original image from the first post (saying 2 weeks without a date listed) in this thread. If the promo hasn’t been extended, might be a good idea to fix the in-app message :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry if this has already been asked but I didn’t spot it and time is running out - does it count if your amazon purchase is billed as “amazon marketplace” instead of just “amazon” or do I have to make sure there’s 100 quid to “amazon” directly ?

Answered several times in this thread already, mktplace is fine.

2 Likes

I saw the email were dont say nothing about 1 to 14 december. But says the next 14 days. I received email at 2 december. make purchase from amazon today and now see that its not covered :frowning_face:

This is wrong. it should say 1 to 14 december…

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, some of us saw this coming but Curve declined to fix the situation. Suggest you ask support nicely if they will make an exception.

1 Like