Amazon payments via Curve (through Crypto.com) card declined / embarrassment not working

Hi,

in the last few days my Curve payments are getting declined. There is no noticeable reason for that. Frustrating is that not even my anti-embarassment cards are being processed.

On Curve:

In the above I would have expected either of my 2 anti-embarassment cards to be debited. I also have sufficient funds on the CryptoCom card.

On the CryptoCom card I see the following:

I also see double debits coming through from Curve. The in-app (iOS) chat is not really responsive. Doesn’t Curve have a “proper” ticketing system?

Amazon support has said: “As I have checked we have charges the amount for this order but your bank has declined the payment.”

1 Like

Same applies for regular cards via Curve:

The support is really horrible - two tickets (one logged 24 hours ago, the other 12 hours ago) - no feedback.

I must say that both cards are accepted directly via Amazon.

I am sorry - made a horrible mistake and had the wrong expiry in my password manager. I got this information via Curve email support which responded within about 2 hours after sending the email.

I didn’t know that there was email support and relied on in-app chat.

TL;DR: I am an idiot for not checking my expiry after receiving the Curve Black and assuming it was the same as the Curve Blue :frowning:

1 Like

Glad you got it resolved!

Just to remind this to all and avoid such errors… when you order a Curve card you obtain in app TEMPORARY expiry date and CVV…

They will CHANGE as soon as you receive and active phisical card!!

I’m sure this was the reason…

^^^ This! Absolute correct. I got my card checked the card number, but then did not pay attention that the expiry and CVC changed.

2 Likes

well done for fixing it; would be nice if the app told you what the problem is, rather than just “declined”. Even if it’s “check your card number and expiry date”!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.