Amazon refunds not processed! Twice!

This is now the second time this has happened! Refunds issued by amazon have failed to be processed by curve… first time I had to contact amazon to obtain the transaction reference for the refund, after putting the reference in a support ticket 10 minutes later the refund magically appeared followed by a reply 2 days later saying they had an error in their system that prevented it from processing.

Now the same error appears to have happened again, 2 months later on and they still haven’t fixed it…

I’ve opened a ticket with the transaction reference again, let’s see how long it takes them to notice it thus time! It’s ridiculous that I should have to be chasing up stuff like this, seriously considering whether to bin this 'bank.

Hey @Decyther, welcome to the Community!

There are a couple of reasons why a refund might not be processed, we’re unable to see the issue here. However, if you’re waiting for a refund then it’s best to get in touch with our support team and provide the merchants name, the amount of the original transaction, the amount of the refund and the date that you requested it - our support team aren’t able to search for refunds with an Amazon reference.

Refunds take 3-5 working days to reach Curve and another 3-5 working days to appear on your bank statement once processed. This doesn’t include weekend days so it might take a little longer than usual over bank holidays.

We also have a dedicated team who check mis-matched refunds and transactions that need some manual help. So any issues with a transaction or refund will always be corrected, even if the customer doesn’t get in touch.

I understand it’s frustrating when you’re waiting on a refund though. If you ever need to check urgently you can also send a DM to @AskCurve on Twitter!

1 Like

I got it sorted now, and yes the reference from amazon is needed as it is a standard banking transaction reference. This is the second time I have had to do this and it is beyond a god damned joke, I can’t trust curve with anything I would consider a large purchase again!