AMEX update

Hi

Whats the latest on bringing back AMEX to curve. Can the admin team advise what avenues are being investigated and an interim update?

Thanks

2 Likes

Would be nice to know if we need to find and alternative or keep sticking to curve

1 Like

Well let us know if you find an alternative.

PS: There used to be Coin, and there’s Privacy.com. But they don’t offer a physical card, yet.

It is unlikely to ever happen, unless a court forces it.

Certainly not in 2019.

As requested - an interim update on Amex :slight_smile:
https://blog.imaginecurve.com/bringing-amex-back-to-curve-an-update/

2 Likes

we’re working with a top law firm to consider recourse through the courts make your case in front of the courts and relevant financial regulators.

Seems like this post could use some copy editing :wink:

Thanks, will go over it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All,

I haven’t followed the community much lately I would like to know if there is any news about the come back of support for Amex?

Tia

:wave: Hello Tia,

Not really. The latest update is mentioned in a post a bit further up :point_up:

Hi,

Just checking in on this - do we have any recent updates?

Thanks

Hey @Erki
Welcome to the Community! :wave:

We are still working on this at the moment, although we don’t have any further updates. As soon as we have an update, we’ll share! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Will AMEX work currently on Curve or when is it planned to do so?

Currently not.

I found the couple of sentences in the ‘What a year!’ email quite interesting. It obviously isn’t saying much, but it sounds quite optimistic and makes it seem as though progress has been made. I doubt they would get our hopes up without reason given that I think many people have kind of accepted Amex has gone at this point, and either cancelled or adapted their card use accordingly.

Hope you are right :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Just wondering if there’s an update on the legal action?

I use my Amex for pretty much everything and it’s a shame I can’t use that with Curve :frowning:

Thanks,
Far

1 Like

If there was any positive news at all, it is my sincere belief that Curve would toot their horn all over, make a sticky post here on the forum and send email about the good news to everyone and their dog and so on. Since none of that has happened…

1 Like

I thought I would reply, just to keep the topic open!!
I totally agree that Curve would be the first to shout out if they re-established the ability to use Amex with Curve. For me, when Curve_Marie et al say at any point in the past that they are pursuing a course of action and will keep us informed of progress then they are under a moral obligation to not only do that, but do it regularly. If there is absolutely no hope of progress, then come out and say that in clear. Don’t just quietly ignore the issue and keep your fingers crossed that we will do the same.

2 Likes

Renewal for Metal due in Jan, but thinking if no progress I’ll not be bothering. It was one of the reasons I signed up originally.

You’re a year too late with these links.