Another Incorrect Email Scam: Promising Cashback up to 4.6% with M&S, Argos and Wilko

Great news in an email just now from Curve:

You will now earn up to 4.6% in instant cashback automatically at the likes of Marks & Spencer, Argos and Wilko with Curve Rewards.

Unfortunately the current rates I see in my ‘active cashback’ are 2.5% for M&S, 3.5% for Argos and 3% for Wilko… hopefully this will be corrected shortly.

1 Like

Also, the “My Rewards” tab doesn’t link to a list of retailers?.

And is this permanent, temporary - what?

1 Like

And is it for all tiers ?

Feels like a bit of a devaluation of premium tiers if so?

1 Like

I suspect one rather obscure retailer will have the 4.6 rate which allows them to make the headline claim. I suspect the rates for the others you mention is correct.

2 Likes

No, the claim is specific to the three retailers. You aren’t allowed to mislead in promotional mails like that.

The rates for non-Curve metal users are lower (up to 3.3% for the 3 retailers above), there is a promised 40% uplift for metal customers that isn’t actually showing yet.

1 Like

The email states “up to 4.6% … at the likes of”. At the likes of, would suggest other retailers? Unless they are using the classic “Up to” phrase to mean otherwise…

Would be nice to deploy it outside UK, so far the rewards tab is useless

1 Like

Sadly, this is (yet another) Curve email that promises more that Curve are delivering. The promotional emails promised rates of up to 4.6% for these retailers for metal and black customers, and 3.3% for free customers.

It looked like the uplift wasn’t applied at the time of the email, but it turns out it has - the rates in the emails are incorrect.

Argos is 3.5%, M&S is 2.5% and Wilko is 3%.

Really disappointing to see Curve mis-state the benefits - again! This is not the sign of a healthy, well-run company.

If they’re going to include other retailers, they would have included the real rates of 7.6% for ReLove, 8.9% for Youth and Earth, and 11.2% for Maverick and Wolf. The trouble is that people haven’t actually heard of these companies. There isn’t actually any retailer offering 4.6% at all. There’s no way that the language used by Curve would be regarded as fair, rather than misleading, by regulators if anybody bothered to complain.

1 Like

Apart from the rates being oversold has anyone actually had a reward yet? Made a purchase in M&S but no ‘instant’ reward showing two hours later? Is it just me?

Not even going to try and contact support.

2 Likes

I had the same email.
I’m on the free version and in UK but I can’t see M&S or Wilko in the rewards tab at all.

Have you checked the active tab? That’s where they show up for me

1 Like

Same with my Waterstones transaction, it’s been confirmed via app (no longer showing pending) but no cashback given yet…

1 Like

Thanks. I see them now.

Have you received your M&S cashback yet?

1 Like

No, still nothing after several days.
How about your Waterstones?

Nothing either…I’ve opened a support ticket to ask why…2 days waiting…

2 Likes

@HelderA Please do report back when (or if) you get a reply!

I don’t see M&S, Argos, Wilko at all.

1 Like

In the rewards section, have you checked the active tab?

1 Like

Finally had a reply today from support, they applied the missing cashback to my account. Funny how they replied to my ticket within minutes of me complaining on their Facebook post about cashback and pointing out that the CS will be the death of curve and it seeming like a company winding up its operations :thinking:

1 Like