Apple pay transaction with Curve card declined and support says it's due to connection error or a faulty payment terminal

Issue: (one-sentence summary)
1.12.2021 I paid with apple pay with curve card and payment was declined. Then immediately I tried payment again a payment was declined again. Then immediately I paid with other card (directly with underlying revolut card) as well with apple pay on same terminal and payment was processed successfully. After I contacted support I got information that problem was due to connection error or a faulty payment terminal.

8.1.2022 Exactly same situation but different merchant and same support reaction: problem was due to connection error or a faulty payment terminal

15.1.2022 Exactly same situation but different merchant and guess support reaction. Of course: problem was due to connection error or a faulty payment terminal.

From this behaviour I really don’t believe it is terminal problem.

How to reproduce it:
exact reproduction not possible

ios 15.2

Device:
iPhone 12

App version:
3.24.0 (22862)

Screenshot:

What happens if you try your Curve card directly, so not trough Apple Pay?

What kind of card was the Revolut card you used to pay directly? MasterCard, Visa or Maestro?

More detailed description:
In curve I have registered two cards. Crypto.com VISA which is normally set as first card to pay with. Second one is Revolut Mastercard. I have anti-embrasment mode set on, but it is not the case of declined payments, because I had enough funds on crypto.com VISA card at the time for declined payments. All payments I do via apple pay. In most cases everything works fine and payments are processed on crypto.com card via curve via apple pay. In some cases (in dates mentioned before) payments where declined.
As I dont carry physical cards with, in case when payments where declined (even after second try) I paid successfully with revolut VISA card via apple pay. (I have two revolut virtual cards. Revolut Master card registered in curve and second Revolut VISA card in apple pay wallet)
Next time when payment will be declined I will try to use physical curve card and let you know the result.

So it happened again.
1st payment with apple pay with curve card. In curve card was crypto.com card set - declined
2nd payment with apple pay with curve card. In curve card was crypto.com card set - declined
3rd payment with apple pay with curve card. In curve card was revolut mastercard card set - declined
4th payment with physical curve card. In curve card was crypto.com card set - payment processed

All payments done on the same terminal immediately one by one. So it is definitely not the terminal problem.

I really don’t want to carry physical curve card. Where is problem?

You used Apple pay with Revolut = success
You used Curve card directly = success
:point_right:t2: You used Apple pay with Curve = fail

I guess it’s time to go back to Curve support and share your findings.

So you can guess the support reaction. Of course “problem was due to connection error or a faulty payment terminal” and again they say “it’s not very common”. They even don’t try to solve it and they still copy pasting the same answer. It is waste of time to communicate with them.
The service you cant rely on is useless.