ATM use in Argentina

We are off to Buenos Aires in October and wonder if using my Curve Blue will save on the ATM usage charges all the Banks charge foreign cards. These are in all cases over 5% and often more.

Its not possible to buy Argentina Peso’s in the UK and the recommended approach on other forums is to take $100 bills and exchange locally. Hotels, larger purchases etc are OK on credit cards its just ATM costs.

Ta everyone.

According to other fintech community maintained info about Argentina - all ATM charge fees for foreign cards. :frowning:
Curve will not refund you those fees.

1 Like

Thanks @moon for such a quick response. Thats what I suspected but though worth asking. Suspect that I won’t use ATM’s much, but at least I will save on my bank charges as well. Now to find the best exchange rate for pre-ordered $100 bills. :slight_smile:

Can anyone remember the best ATMs fee-wise for Curve in Argentina?

I was born there, next time anyone travel, the best way to maximise your money if you need cash, it’s selling there your UK pounds (or any other currency) on the non-official market.

Not actually correct. Poor market for GBP and anyway, since Cristina was on the scene again, dólar blue market has been poor compared to WU.

That’s precisely why the gap grows every day, currently there is a difference of almost 80% (it’s crazy). It is also true that the market for GBP is poor, the options are WU as you mentioned (it is necessary to have someone there to send the money), or the other option is to exchange GBP for USD in the UK and then sell the USD there (the USD market is 100 times greater than GBP).
The other option (what I did the last time I went before COVID) is to use crypto, buy crypto here and sell them there (it is barely greater than WU), but you need a bank account there to receive those ARS.

No it’s not. You can simply fund with a FPS transfer from Argentina.

interesting :thinking: