Autopilot Features

Autopilot Features

Hello everybody :wave:

Today we’re officially announcing a suite of Autopilot features that will make it easier than ever to enjoy state-of-the art financial management. We have already released two of these features but wanted to remind you how they can help you manage your money in the run up to a summer of fun!

Anti-Embarrassment Mode: This feature gives you the ability to allocate backup cards in your Curve app, avoiding declines when you don’t have enough money on your selected card. Curve will automatically switch to another assigned payment card to ensure a successful transaction, and avoid embarrassment when ordering the next round at the local pub :beer:. You can control this feature by going to your ‘Account’ section, clicking ‘Settings’ and scrolling down to ‘Anti-embarrassment mode’

Curve Cash Auto Spend: Using the Autopilot feature Curve Cash Auto Spend, you can change your settings and spend your earned Curve Cash automatically. Curve will take the amount of the transaction straight from your Curve Cash balance when there’s enough funds to cover the full cost. You can turn this feature on/off by swiping to your ‘Curve Cash’ card in your ‘wallet’ section, clicking on the small arrow underneath the card image and toggle ‘Use automatically’

We’re also trialling a highly-anticipated Autopilot feature that will allow you to designate a specific bank card to a recurring payment or direct debit, and also select a payment rule according to an individual merchant. From monthly household bills, to the weekly food shop at Tesco, you can take control of your spending, without the need to think ahead. Stay tuned, more info on this coming soon! :eyes:

27 Likes

YES!!! FINALLY!!! :raised_hands:

I think we’ve all been waiting for this one.

6 Likes

Maybe Curve Bank License tooo:)

2 Likes

Yes, finally! I saw this popup on Twitter earlier today and couldn’t wait to check out the details. Excited to test this out ASAP! #thankscurve

1 Like

Absolutely, this is realising the truly useful potential of Curve which has been there all along, but has been a bit clunky so far.

It will be great for payments to automatically go to the right card!

2 Likes

Nice shot, hope to be in the auto designated card payment test soon

1 Like

Brilliant! I look forward to this being released in the not too distant future :grin::+1:

1 Like

Can’t wait to try

1 Like

OMG, I hope we will be able to try this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Awesome. I was wondering how automated payments would work and how it could differ month on month. This now means I really do only need the one card for everything. I have already updated GooglePay and SamsungPay to remove all my other cards and use just Curve

2 Likes

Ooh! As one of the first to propose this feature, any chance I can get an early preview! :crazy_face:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beta testing - Use your Curve Cash balance automatically

YES! Designating particular payments to particular cards will be SO useful. I know you can always ‘go back in time’ with a payment that’s been made in the wrong card, but staying on top of that is a pain and also unnecessary admin when you make a payment and it goes out of your business account. Because then you have to make sure it is not reconciled as a business spend. Looking forward to using this!

1 Like

What would be ideal is if we can extend this to broader categories as well, for example “restaurants” (and affiliated MCCs) will always be charged to card A, “travel” will always be charged to card B, etc. To really maximize the bonus categories of various underlying cards while simplifying our lives so we don’t ever have to think about which underlying card is currently active.

When Curve launches in the US (where many people have 10+ cards), this feature alone would be eaten up and sold by all the travel (read: credit card) bloggers as the best reason to get Curve hands down.

3 Likes

I’m also hoping we will be able to set up rules based on merchant categories. This would be much more efficient than rules based on merchant.

2 Likes

Yes, I would really like merchant and category rules to both be available, for maximum usefulness.

It would also be good to have advanced rules related to travel, for example to always pass-through the currency to certain cards where possible, instead of have Curve do the conversion, but allow Curve to do the conversion for other cards.

Also for in-person and mobile payments to charge one card while I’m abroad as the default while regular online payments from home continue to come out of my account and automatically charge another card would be great! This would be most useful if combined with granular card controls for switching on/off certain card features for security and fraud prevention (more granular than the existing lock card mode).

1 Like

Sounds super ideal! I think Curve will eventually get there, remember that this is just a trial and there’s probably a lot on more on the roadmap for this feature. I’m assuming if the trial goes well this feature will only get better with time :partying_face:

2 Likes

Perfect, I am happy for the autopilot :slight_smile: I cannot wait to try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like