Axa insurance cover

I wrote an email to Axa regarding this, but they did not reply.

Anyone has more information regarding the following? :

Dear Axa,

I have a couple of questions regarding the Curve policy with Axa.

What is covered regarding Covid?:

If before travel you test positive, does the cancellation policy apply?

If contracting Covid while travelling are hospital costs covered?

Also does any customer get an individual policy number or is it there a general Curve policy number?

Some countries ask for a proof of insurance when entering, with a valid policy number.

Please reply in blue behind every question.

Here below is for example what UK based White Horse insurance company has written in there Schedule of Benefits:

F – Coronavirus Expenses
Up to €10,000,000

It might be an idea to also add this in the Axa schedule list of benefits to make it clear for all customers.

1 Like

Hello @Keesovich80,

Welcome to the Curve Community.
Please note that Community/Country Moderators cant see or modify personal/account information. We are normal community members like you.

If before travel you test positive, does the cancellation policy apply? If you travel against the advice of your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Health Department or against the advice of the World Health Organisation (who.int) then you are not covered. Traveling with a positive test would be against FA/WHO advice.

If contracting Covid while travelling are hospital costs covered? Depends on AXA, but technically yes.

Also does any customer get an individual policy number or is it there a general Curve policy number?
You get your own insurance number.

https://www.curve.com/terms-insurance-docs/

Thanks for the reply but as you write it depends on Axa. So without any clear mention in there policy the 2 covid related questions stay unanswered.

If before travel you test positive for Covid, does the cancellation policy of AXA apply?

If contracting Covid while travelling are hospital costs covered by the AXA insurance?

1 Like

What about if you test positive for Covid during your holiday and need to stay there longer in quarantaine ? Are extra hotel costs covered?

Certain countries ask for proof of insurance - presumably a schedule with your name on it, specifically detailing Covid coverage. The Axa policy doesn’t mention Covid, and while there’s a policy number, there’s no document saying “this person is covered”

Any ideas where to get this from, or will foreign governments accept a screenshot from my Curve app?! And take my word that Covid is, indeed, covered? Maybe I should send them a link to this thread? :thinking:

2 Likes

They’ll cover medical expenses and hotel accommodation but not flights. I called them a couple of weeks ago to check for my wife who tested positive after she got to the destination.

And what if I don’t catch the flight/the ship for any reason (traffic jam, car crash, broken car)?
Do we have any information about it?

You can send an email to Axa insurance with your policy number and they will issue a proof of insurance paper. You can send this request to
claims@axa-assistance-claims.com

1 Like

Axa says it is covered under section medical expenses section A and then point e.
Has to be approved by their Chief Medical Officer, but quarantaine should be covered yes.

1 Like

It is covered under cancellation and curtailment Axa says on the phone

1 Like