Beta testing - Use your Curve Cash balance automatically

Thanks, worked this time after opening the cash screen.

So just used this feature for the first time. All went fine :slight_smile:

I have one suggestion though, it would be nice if we had an option were we need to approve the purchase when buying from retailers we have selected. This way we can decide if we want to earn the CB rather than losing out.

I’m on the beta programme, on iOS v3.5.4 (4450) but no “use automatically” toggle

Hi @adam6, can you check if you have an update available via testflight? Build 3.5.5 (4633) should have this feature enabled

I’ve never been invited to use Curve via TestFlight

Hi @adam6,

Our iOS beta app is managed through Testflight. If you are not using Curve via Testflight, you are not using the beta version.

When did you sign up to become a Beta tester, using the following sign up process?

I still don’t have this option on my Curve Cash card.

Platform: Android.
Version: 2.28.0

PD: Do you get cashback if you use this feature on any of your selected retailers? A feature where either it does or you can disable this feature for those retailers only would be good.

Any thought on this? Could we get at least the confirmation that indeed we are being charged the FX fee when automatically using the Curve cash balance?

Thanks

Hi @JesusM,

Thanks for your feedback. I have logged a ticket about the first point you’ve raised for the team to look into. Regarding the fee for FX transactions over the weekend, I’m afraid that it is currently applied, just like it would if Curve Cash was manually selected.

We understand this is not ideal so I have forwarded your feedback and we are actively considering ways to improve this part of the experience.

Similarly, cashback cannot be earned when Curve Cash is used automatically with one of your selected merchant. @Nelthorim, I have forwarded your suggestion to the team too.

This feature is actually based on a new technology we’ve developed which may be related to the smart rules mentioned in this discussion. Watch this space :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Loving this new feature! And the beta testing experience:)

This is a neat feature, and I’m really excited for what this could enable!

Had a refund which came onto my Curve Cash, was spending today and didn’t even realise until later that the money was coming out of my Curve Cash, I love how seamless of an experience it is!

Same love this new feature. But one glitch when you update your curve card details somewhere, they usually do a pre auth of £1. Noticed that this isn’t refunded to curve cash

Was it a normal refund?

Yes as the pre auth charges for a maximum 14 days then expires. But never refunds to the cash balance

You prefer curve cash instead of real refund?

Think your missing the point.

It takes £1 from my curve cash for the pre auth, then never refunds once it drops off.

E.g. my card is charged £1 drops off after 14 days. That £1 never goes back to my curve cash it’s gone.

I see

That’s disappointing

Oops quite a major bug, esp given using saved details in Chrome often generates this £1 check and immediate refund - could get quite costly if it isn’t refunded and you’re doing a lot of online shopping! @nicb

Love this feature. Brilliant & seamless.