Bug report Android 2.28.0

Change log:

• Fixed crashes in Curve Send
  • Replace depreciated Google Sign in with modern implementation
  • Fixes for UI consistency

Hello Team,

I need your help as the beta app keeps crashing on my android 8 oreo (Sony F5121) right after logon. Deleting, restarting, reinstalling has not helped on any occasions.

Please kindly remove me from beta as I can just hardly change cards in the app.

I did not think a beta can be so unstable.

Awaiting your response.

Is 2.28.0 released? I can’t find it in Google Play.

I’m on 2.26.1.

We’re at the mercy of Google here. It can take a little while to roll out.

1 Like

Hello Team,

I need your help as the beta app keeps crashing on my android 8 oreo (Sony F5121) right after logon. Deleting, restarting, reinstalling has not helped on any occasions.

Please kindly remove me from beta as I can just hardly change cards in the app.

I did not think a beta can be so unstable.

Awaiting your response.

@szabo.miklos:

That’s really unfortunate. I never faced this issue with any Beta build.

You can remove yourself from the Beta by visiting the app in Google Play Store and choosing “Leave Beta”.

Before you leave the Beta, if you haven’t done already, submit the crash log and report to Curve so that the issue can be investigated and hopefully fixed by the team.

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t seem to have the option to leave beta. The app in Google play states that I have early access to the app but there is no section all the way below to opt out of the beta ride.

That’s interesting. This is how it appears for me.

This is mine:

@szabo.miklos thanks for reporting this.

We’ve had had a look into it and it looks like there is a problem specific to your device with one of Google libraries that we use. This problem is not specific to beta. Do you have access to another device to log in to see if it works there?

I also have a suspicion, factory resetting your device would help but that’s quite drastic, will continue investigating and keep you updated.

Yes, I have. I will check it on another device then. Thank you for the advice.

Hello Team,

The very same is visible on my other android 8 device after adding the affected google play account.

Please remove me from beta manually.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Miklos Szabo

Hello,

My early access version is still 2.26.1. No updates available. Cleared play cache and erased play data, still no success. Can it be a problem finding appropriate library if I am also a beta tester for Google play services? I am unable to quit curve beta or upgrade to 2.28. Thanks in advance. (please note I already hard reset my phone 2 weeks ago right before entering curve beta). According to my phone I am not a beta tester for the app but I have early access which seems different.)

We are at the mercy of Google with 2.28.0. We are all waiting for it to roll out.

To leave the program visit. https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.imaginecurve.curve.prd

Hello nicb,

I unsubscribed from beta using your link yesterday in the morning. When will I be eligible for the public version? In Google play I can still see the early access app for download.

I still haven’t received this update in Google Play. Is it normal for it to take this long?

Hello nicb, Curve Team,

Could you please send me public version apk 2.25.1.? I am still struggling with beta 2.26.1. and it won’t get upgraded nor will google play offer me the public version for installation. As a workaround I installed the public version on my mom’s phone with her own Google play account but my Curve account and I have kept asking her to change cards in the Curve app for me… When will my unsubscription request submitted via the link yesterday in the morning be validated against my Google play account? Please note when I add my own google play account to another android device, the very same early access app (V. 2.26.1.) is being offered for installation.

Thank you and best wishes,

Miklos

AFAIK, it’s not normal to see a delay of 3 days. I’m guessing the Play Store rejected the release due to some reason.

I stand corrected. The Beta version 2.28.0 is available on Google Play Store now.

There was even 7 days delay previously for me. 3 days is nothing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yup, you were right!

The Beta version 2.28.0 is available on Google Play Store now.