Can you please update us on current status of announced features?

Hello,

Whats exactly going on bloody love the idea one card for all and wanna promote it but this is appalling for such a company to give updates and coming half way through the year nothings been done? Ive read alot of threads and this is bad so wont be subscribing to metal till your stuffs sorted. Will be advising people ive referred also.

Regards
Shiv

Just in case, I’ll be more than happy to see answers for one point at a time, instead of waiting for weeks while you’re preparing answers to all of the questions.

everyone is wondering - from the looks of it - nothing - probably another ‘‘we’re working on an improved benefits scheme, stay tuned etc’’ to buy them another months or so - i am waiting for my penalty cancellation period to end and will - like @ericasare close and continue with my life
why i have to pay penalty £50 to close my account earlier - since the service i bought was never delivered - am still the one penalised - is in itself a disbelief and an example of how terrible we are being treated
not being alarmist but i no longer forsee a bright future for this brand

lesson learned: dont jump the boat on these qvasi-industry disrupter techonologies that end up being nothing more than a fuss in the wind

6 Likes

Unfortunately for me I took their word for the promises made and payed up front for a whole year, so don’t think I’ll ever see those £150 back again. I was thinking of subscribing to N26’s metal card, in order to get all the benefits I need but that will mean I’ve spent almost £300 pounds on banking benefits in less than a year. Which would be a massive kick in the teeth.

I might fool the legal breach of contract via small claims, and hopefully get my money back.

While waiting… I’ve aggregated topics from Curve News and Updates for this year, to check out what the Curve been doing publicly for last almost 5 months:

I believe that everything what was announced in January were started to develop back in 2018, but anyway, so far Curve delivered Subscriptions&Metal (despite all the questions, the product is here), Purchase Protection, return of spending from Curve Rewards card, Brand Ambassador Program and discontinue of Xero integration. 5 things in 5 months, not that bad, actually. And there was a meetup! What HSBC has delivered to you during the same period? Or maybe Revolut has released the Apple Pay? :smiley:

2 Likes

I have to agree… I got tired of waiting for the benefits so have downgraded. I was tired of unexplained declined transactions as well. The novelty value of a metal card wore off quickly and I just concluded it was a bad deal, esp with the Amex disappointment, low gadget cover (which wouldn’t cover my iPhone XS Max) and the endless talk of new stuff that doesn’t materialise…

3 Likes

I’ve just discovered a pretty similar thread: Curve Features coming -2019 but Still nothing to show for, and there were quite interesting points stated by Diego on 10 April 2019:

• We are at the testing phase with LoungeKey and will be able to launch it very soon.
  • In terms of permanent cashback, we will provide more details to our customers in the following weeks, trust me, it’ll be worth the wait.

And no more updates from any Curve member afterwards. So you’re “at the testing phase” with LoungeKey, for at least a month now, oook.

In terms of cashback — technically nothing have changed from the time of announcement of the Improved Cashback (12 Feb) till 10 April, just “coming weeks” switched to to “following weeks” :slight_smile: Lucky me, your customer support “reset” my Rewards program, and I was able to enjoy it for a couple more months, until 19 April.

1 Like

Hey peeps! I don’t know if this is new, but I’ve just been able to sign up to LoungeKey using my Curve Metal details.

1 Like

Hm… How have you done it? Via https://airport.mastercard.com/? I’ve tried just now — no luck for me.

Neat, thanks! I’ve registered as well. But I wouldn’t be hoping that the card will work at a lounge until the official announcement from Curve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you see any rates? If so, are they any good?

It’s just a shame feel a bit let down and cheated … fantastic product with great potential but delivery has been a fail even Revolut and N26 Metal perks are better currently than Curve Metal … the insurance side is as convoluted from a service provider that is performing quite poorly… I have effectively downgraded to Blue for now as don’t see the point paying the premium… but have a expensive £50 paperweight that is a reminder next time not to jump in so quickly and invest in a product so soon !

Hope CURVE management is listening and maybe it would be nice if and when they have the new perks / promised perks made available will allow / consider Metal card holders who downgraded to use their same card again atleast ! @Curve_Marie

£15 per persons pretty good, to have a Priority Pass that has the same sorta thing, that’s around £60 to buy…

1 Like

Strange that www.loungekey.com/curvebusiness and http://www.loungekey.com/curve are live already (So there is a possibility to register. And to use?), but there has not been any official statement on the launch yet.

1 Like

I think it’s maybe under testing… which is why it’s not been released

1 Like

Ok, but if Curve is still testing, why is it possible to register for non-testers? With the URL publicly accessible I feel it has already been ‘released’.

1 Like

Probably because they wouldn’t be allowed to store a list of card details, so they just unlock it for the BIN

1 Like

Fair enough. But if still testing it is not smart to make it accessible to all already. They could/should have thought of something to make that (almost) impossible.

1 Like

I mean they could, but that might have taken a longer amount of time… which people don’t seem to like!

I think not publicly announcing the url is enough for a small amount of time, as the launch is probably imminent.