Can't make online purchases which requires 3D Secure autentication

Hello all!

Have been in touch with the Curve support team for 2 weeks now but no one have figured out why I can’t make online purchases which requires 3D Secure autentication, in this particular case, when I top up my Moey account using the Curve card.

I’ve also been asking since I opened the support ticket if it’s everything okay with 3DS status of my card but no one have answered this question yet.

Besides that, it takes several days to get some sort of answer from the support team, and every reply I get is from a different person that I suspect didn’t read all the previous replies. It’s been a very bad experienc with the support team, and it’s getting very frustrating.

So… I’m creating this topic to see if someone had similar problems with the Curve card.

Thanks in advance!

I just bought a new phone online
Was not asked for 3D secure

Thanks hup, from my understanding, I think that not all the merchants requires 3D secure autentication. In my particular case the “Moey” merchant requires it.

Was 3D secure not forced by EU?

I have also bought airline ticket with wizz air
No 3D secure either
Or a 8 days cruise, no 3D secure

For next year
Bought a google nest audio speaker, no 3D secure at google store

Strange

Yes, you’re right, it was enforced, but I think that not all merchants are compliant. The enforcement is for banks, not merchants. I don’t know much about the 3DS implementation and enforcement to give you a trustful answer, all I know is that I cannot top up my account with curve, whereas I can with the real cards.

And I suspect of a 3D secure problem because, with the real cards (not using curve), it asks for 3D Secure autentication, and is exactly in that stage that the curve says that the transation is not supported.

Maybe the merchant is blocked by Curve/underlying card or you need to have Curve Fronted enabled if your underlying card is a credit card. :man_shrugging:

May i help ? I think this is an Intelligent 3D secure protocol. I do have that kind of behavior with my main bank, 3D secure is active on my main bank card but asked only for some kind of purchases! not all times. the 3D secure robot applies a filter to any transactions, and the code is not required each time…Pat

I’ve had issues using the in-app and email 3D secure, but was able to make the payment using the SMS method. Have you tried that?

Blockquote
Maybe the merchant is blocked by Curve/underlying card or you need to have Curve Fronted enabled if your underlying card is a credit card.

Thanks for the help, but it’s not the case, I know several people that can top up theirs Moey account with Curve without problems. I’m not in UK, so no Curve Fronted for me.

Blockquote
May i help ? I think this is an Intelligent 3D secure protocol. I do have that kind of behavior with my main bank, 3D secure is active on my main bank card but asked only for some kind of purchases! not all times. the 3D secure robot applies a filter to any transactions, and the code is not required each time…Pat

Yes, that’s consistent with my previous experience with 3DS, but don’t know what the criteria is.

Blockquote
I’ve had issues using the in-app and email 3D secure, but was able to make the payment using the SMS method. Have you tried that?

Thanks for the tip but it doesn’t give me any options, just an error saying the Curve card don’t allow the operation. If I try the same operation with the real card, I can successfully complete the transaction. Very strange… it has to be something on the Curve side.

I’m not in UK too, but some transactions still require Curve Fronted enabled (e.g. topping-up MCO Visa Card).

1 Like

Blockquote
I’m not in UK too, but some transactions still require Curve Fronted enabled (e.g. topping-up MCO Visa Card).

Enabled it but no fun yet. I’m pretty sure this is a 3DS problem.

Tried the transaction with another real card and asked me for 3D Secure autentication, just like the others I’ve already tried.

I just don’t understand why Curve “support team” can’t simply verify the 3D Secure status of my card… this is very frustrating, and the response time is ridiculous. It has been 3 weeks now.

It could be the case that your bank has blocked Curve to be used for the 3DS trnxs.

So disable 3D secure?

Its that legal?

That’s not the case. I know several people that can top up their Moey accounts with exactly the same cards I’ve tried.

Not sure what you’re asking or sugesting, but I have several cards that I can manage the 3DS status (activate or deactivate by myself). It’s certainly legal. The only drawback of 3DS deactivation is the one I have with Curve card.

Besides I’m getting really tired of the curve support team. They’re not replying to my answers of their own questions to troubleshoot the problem. It’s like they don’t even care. Thinking about closing my account.

I’m having the same issue. Chat ping pong with Curve support going on for more than 4 weeks now. No end in sight.

See my thread here. Curve card transactions requiring 3D email/sms/app verification are failing

They are just not willing to escalate the issue so it can be looked at by someone in the know.

Any time a 3DS prompt comes up, my transaction fails irrespective of the option I pick - in-app, telephone or sms. Sad.

I’m not even able to select which option to chose, or receiving any notification.

Yes, it’s been a terrible experience with the support team. I think they just keep us busy with silly chit-chat. I’m in the 3rd support ticket now since they just stop the troubleshooting by not replying to the emails, without the problem being resolved.

I’ve stopped using the physical card because I’ve lost all the confidence in this product. If I’ve ever get an issue with any transaction, I don’t even know if they will care to help me.

Such a pity that the support team experience ruins this promising product…