Card not supported/recognised by merchants

I’ve had Metal about a fortnight after recently upgrading (fully verified, usual limits, activated physical card & used with Apple Pay, chip & PIN and SCA). Twice now I’ve tried to give my details to merchants for a continuous payment authority for bills and they’ve been unable to accept them on their system. Unfortunately I don’t know which payment processors they use as it seems on their end rather than a transaction declining.

With Sky TV, their form doesn’t let me submit, there is no error message as the form just doesn’t react to the submit button. It does work work if I try any other debit/credit card I hold. Their support advisor has a similar issue when trying to change the card by telephone.

My health insurance provider received an error message saying they do not support cards issued in Ireland. I am now starting to feel like a fraudster trying to pass off a dodgy card.

From what I can see my BIN represents a UK “World Embossed” debit card so should be accepted like any other?

1 Like

Hello @aliw, welcome to the community! :grin:

Unfortunately we can’t check your account on the forum as we’re Curve users just like you! It’s best to get in touch with the support team through your app or through Twitter DM (@AskCurve) so they can take a look!

Have a nice day :grinning:

Thanks – I posted to see if it’s a common issue with certain merchant / card combinations as the transaction isn’t reaching Curve in the first place

From searching the forums I couldn’t see mention of UK BIN issues, perhaps I was just unlucky with the card I’ve been issued?

I had an issue trying to pay my O2 Phone Bill with Curve, in the end I used the underlying card directly. This was by phone or via their website as you say it just declined their end without ever reaching the app.

1 Like