Charged twice BUT different dates!

Hello

Ive been charged twice on the debit card linked to Curve.

On 24th december, I have made 1 transaction in a POS after two attempts which has been declined.

I’ve been charged correctly on 24th.

Then, on 28th, CURVE charged me of the same amount with the same merchant.
I’ve paid twice for the same purchase !

Nothing happened on 28th.

I’ve contacted my bank and they received a transaction from Curve.

I contacted Curve support through the App and i ve no answers. Please help me

Hi :wave:t2: and welcome to the community.

This is a user community, so we don’t have access to your Curve account. So here there is nothing we can do for you.

Please be patient and wait until Curve support comes back to you. In the meantime you can/may check with them on Twitter (@Askcurve) if your support request reached them in good order.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will try on twitter.

1 Like

Hey @Bryan_FR welcome to the Community!

When you use your Curve card, Curve authorises and captures the amount and then holds it until the merchant captures it from Curve. In this case, it sounds like the merchant didn’t capture the amount on December 24th but instead sent an offline transaction on December 28th, which would result in another charge.

The original charge should automatically reverse after 14 days (a timeframe set by Mastercard) but if you’ve been in touch with our team then they can speed up the process for you and reverse it sooner.

Don’t worry, you will get a refund for the duplicate amount :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.