On 26 November, I bought three items on webshop Bol.com for a total of 333,90€.
- Smartphone for 309€
- a screen protector for 12,95€
- a screen cover for 11.95€.
However, I was charged separately again for 11,95€ on the same day (screen cover).
Transaction name is also CRV*Bol.Com.
And then 1 week later, on 04/12/2021, I noticed that I was again charged for another 321,95€ (smartphone + screen protector.)
So I have been charged twice for all items. What is interesting is that the screen cover which was charged separately is also the package which I think came from a sub supplier of Bol.com. If I check my payment overview in my Curve app, I only notice the transaction of 333,90€. While in my Crypto.com card, I get charged twice. Once for 333.90€ and then separately for 321.95 + 11.95€.
What I’ve done:
Contact Crypto.com - They mentioned that there is no mistake from their side and they have been charged twice by Curve. response within half an hour
Contact the webshop Bol.com - They checked their admin and only saw they charged Curve once. Response within 5 minutes
Contact Curve via email (email@example.com) - detailing above story + screen shots. No response
Contact Curve via app chat - contacted three times in total - one time they gave a standard response that using back in time feature (which I did use) can cause double charge on both cards which should solve itself. If they would have taken the time to read my story, they would have seen that I am being charged twice on the same card. Chat was closed without confirmation that my issue was solved.
I opened a new chat highlighting that the issue was different from the generic response. No response after 4 days.
I was excited when starting to use Curve once I got my card. But in the first month my card was being blocked due to the spending limits which resulted not being able to enjoy the 1% cashback in the first month (even though already provided my ID). And now I am struggling for 2 weeks already to get a decent reply to get back my 300€. If this is the level of customer service we will be getting, don’t think I will keep on using it. That being said
- Is there another way to get Curve to look properly into my issue?
- Anybody has an idea what the issue can be ? Money being reserved by Curve? What’s the standard lead time to “unlock”/pay back this reserver money?
- I am thinking of claiming a fraudulent transaction on my underlying crypto.com card if it will take much longer. This to recover my 300€. Will this mean that my entire Curve card will be blocked by crypto.com ? Or will this mean that my Crypto.com card will be blocked?