Credit Card authorisations

How does the appearance of Credit Card Authorisations work?

A question on behalf of a friend who has recently acquired a Curve membership. The Curve Card is used in conjunction with a UK Bank Debit Card but registered to an address in France. When using the card in France the pending Credit Card Authorisations list the location the card was used, the amount and then underneath “Vilnius Lt”. My Curve card however is registered to a UK address and when used in France authorisations read London. I suspect I know the answer as to why but can anyone come up with the definitive reason?

Many thx.

For UK Curve customers (registered with UK address) the underlying card statement shows an online transaction made/processed in London, regardless where the Curve card is used.

For EU Curve customers (registered with EU address) the underlying card statement shows an online transaction made/processed in Vilnius, regardless where the Curve card is used.
Before Brexit the underlying card statement of EU Curve customers also showed an online transaction made/processed in London.

4 Likes

Many thx for the prompt response. I figured as such.

1 Like