Credit Card Points Question when Transacting with Curve! I Need help!

Hello - I am interested in the Curve Card but I cannot find the answer to a key question.

Context: I have a Chase (Visa) Credit Card that normally earns 4x points on dining and 1x points on everything else.

Question: If I load this Chase Card onto the Curve Card, and then transact at a restaurant (with Curve) - Will I still earn the 4x points from the Credit Card company (4x points for Dining)? Or will I only earn 1x points (general transaction)? I read online that transactions post to your credit card as “Curve - Restaurant X”. Meaning the credit card company cannot tell that this transaction was for restaurant/dining. So instead of awarding 4x point for dining, it would only reward 1x points. Is this true? I am trying to understand how using curve affects earning credit card points that are tiered (4x points for dining, 3x points for travel, etc) given all charges post as “Curve - XX”.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I’m afraid I don’t have any personal experience as cards in the UK generally go on retailer name (where it doesn’t work - because as you say a CRV* part gets prepended to the entry). However if your Chase card uses the merchant category code (MCC) then Curve does pass these across so I would suspect you would still receive the extra points. The mapping however is not published and is not always identical compared to using the underlying card directly - the only way to know for sure is to try it out or see if there’s another US user that can give it a go for you. I’m not sure if there are many other US users on here so far though!

Thank you @ediflyer! I believe the US launch is coming soon. This was very helpful, particularly the MCC piece. I appreciate your reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.