Crown Dependencies

The FAQ’s state applications are accepted from United Kingdom (excluding Crown Dependencies: Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man) residents.

When will it include Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man ?

Revolut is available, as are others…

The honest answer is that we don’t yet know when Curve will be available in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Although the islands are Crown Dependencies of the UK, they are not covered by our EEA issuing licence.

Our Operations Team are working diligently with our issuer and respective third parties on this matter and we hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. As soon as we have the green light, we will contact all customers who have previously attempted to sign up from the Channel Islands & Isle of Man and publicly announce it across our social media channels.

3 Likes

any update on this ?

No, not yet :-/

Interested in this too. Any updates?

1 Like

any update on this ?

For the record, the Crown Dependencies and Isle of Man are not part of the UK, and consequently were not in the EU or EEA even before the UK left. Just because a territory is British, this does not make it part of the UK. The only British territory that was part of the EU and EEA, until 31st January 2020, was Gibraltar.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that when absolutely no one on this thread insinuated that the Crown Dependencies were a part of the U.K., EU or EEA.

1 Like

Agreed.
Useful information, but it wasn’t really asked for…

So the main question still stands: With the likes of Revolut, Starling and Monzo operating personal and business accounts in Jersey, how long will it be until Curve can operate there?

For the record, I had a beta card and loved it - until they closed my account down as I am a Jersey resident… :frowning:

3 Likes

Imagine how the people of St. Helena feel! :wink:

1 Like

will this situation change now Curve is moving away from Wirecard ?

1 Like

Hey guys, unfortunately we don’t have any further updates on this but our operations team are continuing to work on it. Our situation with Wirecard won’t affect this as the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are still outside of the EEA and won’t be covered by our licence.

Great product, awful service.
Im am investor as well.
No card.

As a very rough guide for us, how far through are your operations team on working on this?

1 Like

good question !

Accepting Covid and recent Wirecard issues, there has been a frustrating lack of response here @Hannah.

Can you please give us any further update (no matter how small) on this subject? Or even just a ‘Sorry, i’ll investigate and get back to you in 20 days’.

Or should we just concede defeat and pursue other Fin-tech providers? Which would be a real shame…

1 Like

Hi, I completely missed this originally and as you’ve mentioned, we’ve been extremely busy for the last while, apologies. To be honest, I don’t have any update on this but I’ll look into it and see if I can provide more info.

2 Likes

Thank you @Hannah, no problem, and thanks for the honesty.
Fully appreciate the challenging times at the moment, but really would love to be able to work with and support you guys again!
Look forward to hearing from you again in due course, and keeping fingers crossed for some good news on the subject.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’ve checked this for you and unfortunately I don’t think this is going to change soon as the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are still outside of the EEA and aren’t covered by our licence. Our team are aware of it but I’m unable to provide any timelines as to when our licence might change to include these areas.

I’d like to apologise myself for any confusion that I may have caused when addressing this previously. Our team are working on it but it’s a more complicated issue that I initially thought. Happy to look into any further questions you might have!

Are licences for Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man so difficult to obtain? Revolut no doubt did so, or found another way round it, despite the limited number of customers located in these jurisdictions.