Curve 3.5.7 (4926) iOS Beta

Hey everyone :wave:

iOS Curve 3.5.7 (4926) will be pushed out to beta users shortly. It’s a small and sweet update including the following:

• Fixes a crash affecting users on iOS 14 when the app is in the background.
  • Minor UI and UX improvements on the passcode screen.

We use Feature Flags, which means some of you might be able to access functions that aren’t listed above. They might disappear again while we work on them some more. :ghost:

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed

Hi!

First of all, apparently the crashes in iOS 14 beta have disappeared. I don’t know if because of this new beta of Curve app or because the beta 7 of iOS, but the good part is that they are not happening any more.

Now, a problem I found, although I don’t think it is new but I just saw it. When you have not data connection and try to check the card details (for example on a flight), it is not possible, the app says ‘there is no internet connection’ and doesn’t show anything. Also, when the connection is very poor it may happen that Curve app doesn’t realize it and try to show the details, but it cannot and you get this:

So, in my opinnion the possibility of seeing this information should be regardless of being on/offline. We don’t have the card number printed on the card, and if we don’t have connection we might find ourselves in a problem if we cannot even see our own card number.

Hi everyone, we’ve just released an updated build iOS 3.5.7 (4992), which fixes a small bug on the passcode screen that affects some users after logging in.

Hi @JesusM,

We did indeed fix the crash that was affecting iOS 14 users, although Apple also fixed the source of the crash shortly afterwards in beta 7. Regarding the card details, we’re not permitted to store this data in the app, which means a network connection is required in order to fetch the details each time. I’ll certainly pass your concerns about usability to the product team.

Well, maybe I spoke too soon … I got a crash today. I’ve sent the crash report.

I’ve observed something I think is a cosmetic bug and it was probably there in previous releases.

I made a payment in GBP on weekend and Curve charged me €0.10 extra fee, but I use GBiT to a GBP card and I was fully refunded in my EUR card and charged the right amount in my GBP card. So far, so good.

But if you check the transaction, it still says that a weekend fx fee has been charged

I can’t see decline reasons in the new versions anymore. Annoying that I have to contact support to check whether a fraudulent transaction was on an old locked card or on the card I have currently in use.

After updating to iOS 3.5.7 (4992) on my iPhone 8 “iOS 13.7”, my account and profile data have completely disappeared. :thinking:

IMG_1502

New beta: Curve 3.5.8 (5120) iOS Beta