Curve 3.6.6 (10059) iOS Beta

Hey friends :wave:

iOS Curve 3.6.6 (10059) was just released to beta users! :rocket:

We’ve got a new feature for those testing Open Banking: from now you will be able to see the balance of all your linked cards in the wallet!

To link a card you can use Connection Management Screen:

Also, once a connection has been successfully added, and if you have eligible accounts without unlinked funding cards, the new screen will be shown and you can link your cards from there:

Note: Open Banking (balances tab) is only enabled for GB users for now (just for now… sorry)

We use Feature Flags , which means some of you might be able to access functions that aren’t listed above. They might disappear again while we work on them some more. :ghost:

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed
1 Like

Hi, I’ve not received the update test flight as of yet, but further to my report on here 3 releases ago, my Tesco card is now scannable but flagging up as ‘error card’ on the Tesco tills…

I’ve just had the update through - no change as you have mentioned above. All my open banking is showing and working fine, but no change on the wallet screen…

Sorry, me again, I’ve lost the app on my Apple Watch as well.

Hi Joshua. Do you mean that after linking your account to its corresponding card, the balance does not show in your wallet? Or do you not see the ability to link accounts to cards?

Hi @RomainLefebvre - I have sorted with Magda now! What is still causing an issue is the correct figures of your account balance being shown on the Open Banking!! My accounts are still showing that there is a large proportion MORE in my accounts than what there actually is when viewed on Lloyds Banking App! I know this is a work in progress, but for 1 of my accounts its showing i have almost £100 more than what is ACTUALLY in there…

Holy moly

Thats nice :+1:

Hey @JoshuaBoots! I passed your feedback on to the relevant team, and this is what I got in reply:

Depending on the bank I suspect that the balances are higher because the user uses a traditional bank and transactions they make go into a pending state so their balance in Curve remains the same until such a time that the transaction clears on their bank side. For fintech banks I wouldn’t suspect this to be an issue - might we worth checking what types of banks are having these issues

Do you think this might be the case? Does the balance you see match the balance you would’ve seen a couple of transactions ago?

Hi Magda, my bank is all Lloyds Banking Group, so probably it’s the change from ‘pending’ transactions, but still a pain as it doesn’t reflect true balance - could leave me with false hopes at the tills! Haha

Are the next feature the option to transfer money from 1 account to another account?

Please enable this feature as soon as possible also to users outside the UK who have Revolut

Hi, I have this version but cannot see how I get to the connection management screen to link the card and the account…?

I just checked with my own Lloyds account and it seems to be related to pending transactions. While Lloyds is smart enough to take them into account when showing your balance in their app, it would appear the value they return via Open Banking is the one without these pending transactions…

It’s almost being too helpful eh! I will have to take it all with a pinch of salt if I rely upon the figure in the Curve App…

Hey @drizen! This is for the Open Banking feature (only for the UK for now): go to “My Money” tab, click on “Balances” and you will be able to add your bank accounts to Curve via Open Banking. Once added, click on the connection, and the option to “Link Card” should appear - that will enable us to display your balance in the wallet

Hi, thanks for that… I’ve got the latest beta, have added my UK account in My Money but cannot see any connection/link option…?

Can you give me step by step for linking a card to open banking as I can’t find any option to add link card

@RomainLefebvre That is strange… do you have any other openbanking apps. - such as yolt or moneydashboard. Can you check if balance is displayed correctly on other apps.

Lloyds API should return the correct balance. Is it possible that curve (or whichever tpp you use to connect bank accounts) is looking at right fields. Many times they have different balance fields and it is left with the TPP to select the right one.

I will agree with you here, this doesn’t seem right to me? I don’t know how you can have an OpenBanking system, yet it’s telling you the incorrect amount? I appreciate Lloyds displays what’s in your account, what is pending and what is ACTUAL, but I currently have one account that has near enough £100 pending, but my Curve app is displaying the ‘what’s in your account’ part so, to me, it is “oh I’ve got a £200 in that account I can cover this” but in theory, I can’t… this in turn makes the OpenBanking system completely unreliable unless you keep a tally in your head of what you think is ‘pending’ against the balance being displayed.

Account balance take upto three banking days normally to take off card payments from balance but if you pay a cheque in takes 7 days to clear your balance want clear at the higher amount till the cheque clears I work on available but this using actual balance really not helpful in any way