Curve 3.8.0 (17323) iOS Beta

Hey everyone :wave:

iOS 3.8.0 (17323) has just been released to the beta group.

For those looking for :watch: app updates, I’m sorry there won’t be a version in this beta release. We are working behind the scenes to get this resolved.

This will be the last version of the app where iOS 11 and 12 customers receive updates. Please update your device to iOS 13 and above if possible.

We use Feature Flags, which means some of you might be able to access functions that aren’t listed above. They might disappear again while we work on them some more. :ghost:

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed

Does thisnimply that Apple Watch is not supported? Good to know as I’m planning to buy one in September.

Hi @Steef for the time being that’s correct but we are working behind the scenes to get this resolved.

Since you stop releasing the update for Apple Watch, I have to carry my phone with me all the time… I hope for a release with the next beta.

I wanted to share a bit of context here because I appreciate the lack of updates have been frustrating: the apple watch app was never an “official” part of the curve product, it was something the iOS devs here worked on in their own time but we liked it and wanted to share with the beta testers

We’ve recently made some build tooling changes which affected the way we build for testflight (including the watch targets) and because the watch was only at the beta level it was the last thing to be fixed. Last week I made some changes to start building the watch again, but we have some functionality issues to resolve before its ready to share again. I want to be up front that because of the “unofficial” status I don’t have a good timeline of when that remaining work will happen

2 Likes

Hi, thanks you for this clarification. What kind of functionality are we talking about?
Is it impossible to use curve at all with apple watch, or is it just not possible yet to manage the underlying cards from an apple watch app?

You can use your Curve card with ApplePay on your Apple Watch, but for now there is no Curve app to use on your Apple Watch. So changing the underlying card has to be done on your phone.

3 Likes

The watch app we used to share was a simple representation of your wallet: you can view and select a new card as the selected card. We changed the way we fetch your wallet from our API recently so the watch app needs to be updated to reflect that otherwise it will always fail

New beta: Curve 3.9.0 (17655) iOS Beta