Curve 3.9.0 (17655) iOS Beta

Hey everyone :wave:

iOS 3.9.0 (17655) has just been released to the beta group.

For those looking for :watch: app updates, we’re sorry it won’t be available in this beta release and we don’t currently have any updates on when this will be made available again. For more context on this, please see: Curve 3.8.0 (17323) iOS Beta - #5 by Curve_Sam

iOS 11 and 12 are no longer supported. Please update your device to iOS 13 and above if possible.

This build includes:

• Fix for an issue that prevented some users from being able to see their transactions.
  • Fixes for a few infrequent crashes affecting some users.
  • Fix for a limits display issue.

We use Feature Flags, which means some of you might be able to access functions that aren’t listed above. They might disappear again while we work on them some more. :ghost:

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

• Check whether it is already reported in the list below
  • Provide a screenshot and short description
  • Provide details on how we can reproduce it
  • Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed
1 Like

Plaid no longer working. Since updating its claimed the accounts had expired with Plaid (still had a few weeks to go before needing to renew). I’ve tried 3-4 times and get the same error message

Hey @JoshuaBoots, I tested this on my Monzo account and it seems to be working for me. Are you still having problem with it? Does it affect all accounts or just one specific account?

Hey Saul. I’ve just tried again. It worked and then the app crashed. I’ve issued a report back through TestFlight.

All my accounts are with Lloyds Bank, so not sure what it is doing?

Thanks for sending the crash report :pray: we’ll take a look into it.

Not a problem. Weirdly though, the balances are now refreshing as of this morning? Whereas from the time it crashed, it still stated it needed renewing? Thought I would just flag.

Thanks again, I had a look at the crash report and it seems to point towards the Plaid SDK being the source of the crash. We’ll see if there’s an update available for the SDK that we can include in the next release.

1 Like

Hi @saul ,

Unfortunately it’s still not possible to check GBiT details on iOS. Nothing happens when I tap on the text after the transaction completed.

We should see the same as on Android:

Please note that manual dark mode is still not available either. :frowning_face:

Thanks for flagging @Oliverda, we’ll take a look at the GBIT display issue. As for the manual dark mode, I don’t believe this is on our current roadmap to add, but I can discuss with our product team.

Thanks.

Your colleague said that it’s on the roadmap:

Speaking of which, this handy option has been available on Android for more than a year now. :man_shrugging:t2:

When we rebranded the app, this manual toggle functionality was built, but is only available internally. From what I recall there were some visual glitches with 3rd party dependencies when toggling manually. The product decision at the time was to not include the option on iOS, so we haven’t developed it any further. Just to set expectations, it’s not something we’re actively working on, but I can discuss with the product team and will let you know if there any future plans to release this feature.

A lot of iOS applications (FB Messenger, Revolut, etc.) have manual dark mode without any issues.

I compared the Android and iOS versions of the app and I found more differences beside the manual dark mode. On Android it keeps the original date and time of the transaction after GBiT.

This is how it looks on iOS:

…and the same moved transaction on Android:

…and this is the page what is completely missing on iOS:

Based on what I’ve seen, I would recommend the iOS team to have a meeting with the Android guys. :wink:

New beta: Curve 3.10.0 (17995) iOS Beta