Curve are censoring posts

Not at all, please use the appropriate topics and categories.

2 Likes

Respectfully why is it only posts that are asking for improvement or could be considered negative? This not really how to foster a healthy community. It seems that anything that’s not super positive is locked, hidden ect.

1 Like

It’s not, but when “positive” off-topic posts are flagged it does not grab much attention. Please do highlight all posts that are off-topic if it has been overlooked, this way it will be easier for all community members to navigate the forum and find topics they are interested in discussing.

All feedback is an opportunity for us to learn and improve our customers’ experience. If you have a look through the Feedback category, you’ll find that we don’t filter out comments that can be considered negative.

1 Like

Curve is a good idea, but I’m beginning to wonder why I bother trying to give my genuine feeedback. It’s either ignored or censored away.

I’ve had so many posts that have had as many likes as flags required to be withdrawn, yet still get withdrawn. Even light humour is apparently not allowed.

Whether it’s Curve or other users I don’t really care - the impact is the same.

5 Likes

Sorry, but I have to agree.

If you look at the airport lounges thread (now inexplicably locked…but presumably because it was full of annoyed customers that had signed up for metal and then not received one of its major benefits!) I think that only one post has been moved across to a slightly anodyne thread about the best airport lounges in the UK.

Curve really need to communicate much more openly and honestly with customers. Enough of this ‘fighting for your financial freedom’ nonsense - just offfer a card that works and and has the benefits promised!

I personally have chosen not to use my curve card since the Amex debacle. Not sure I will again, which is a shame as I had been a very early adopter.

5 Likes

Looking at the home page and there are almost as many closed topics as open ones.

I moderate forums for my company and it’s very rare that we close or delete topics.

It’s disappointing that Curve has chosen this route.

2 Likes

I keep finding posts that get hidden just because they are unpopular. This is dangerous and unfair and doesn’t help discussion at all.

I myself edited a post complying with the requirements of the staff 3 days ago and as soon as I edited it it got hidden again, and it’s still hidden even if I contacted @Curve_Marie to sort that out.

By the way, I’m not only talking about my posts, I see many posts I don’t even agree with which are hidden for unknown reasons.

Hiding controversial posts is tempting and easier, but it’s also wrong. This is not how a forum should work. People should be free to express their opinions when stated properly.

4 Likes

I can only agree with you. Having had a response flagged myself and somewhat patronising messages as a result I don’t trust this system any more. I give up trying because it’s clear customer service isn’t something they want to deliver

The last Curve Community update email I received had a post at the top that indicated some problems with dispute resolution at Curve. When I clicked the link to read more it wasn’t there and I just got a message saying “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

Was this removed by moderators? If so that’s concerning. Or did the author simply have a change of heart? (@melanieparker ? )

1 Like

Hi Steve,

My post was removed by moderators and I was given an official warning. I’ll probably be warned for this post too. There is censorship at play.

1 Like

Yes, repeatedly.

I had a post removed when I queried the poor performance of the support team (technically it was converted to a private message). I was told I’d breached community guidelines by mentioning my transactions. This seems a convenient clause used to get specific, verifiable claims about Curve’s failures out of public view.

I also replied on the thread you see above, predicting exactly this would happen - I’m surprised it took so long.

Happy to PM you a screenshot of my message if you want to verify what I’m saying.

1 Like

Hi DanG,

Yes, it does appear your predictions came true! Also, interestingly within an hour of freaking out about my post my refund magically appeared. Imagine that!

1 Like

Very pleased to hear that!

My duplicate transactions were also resolved with conspicuous promptness after I made my post…

1 Like

Glad you both got your issues resolved in the end but I am worried about the censorship. I know nothing about either of these cases and haven’t had to raise a dispute myself (yet) though I use Curve mainly for lower value items anyway (when the vendor doesn’t take AmEx - or when they’re on Curve Rewards) it does give the appearance at least of having something to hide, which makes me nervous.

1 Like

Its definitely a concern - who knows how many more threads have been removed (@curve_marie - willing to share any stats?)!

My experience is you can get things sorted, but you do have to be patient, assertive, able to deal with missing funds for weeks at a time and in extremis make it clear to Curve that you will take the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

In both issues I’ve had, Curve have eventually (inadvertently, I presume) resolved things in my favour, so its not all bad! It is more than likely other people have given up and lost out.

Like you, I now only use it for small transactions. I’ve also stopped recommending it to friends, because I don’t want to feel like I’m responsible for someone being in the position @melanieparker found herself in.

Edit - by ‘in my favour’ I want to clarify that I ended up getting more back than I had lost, as opposed to simply getting things refunded correctly so everything balanced.

It was made into a personal message. We ask you in the Code of Conduct to use the dedicated channels for customer support. There are several reasons for this:

• We cannot discuss people’s transactions, personal cards, and account in a public space.
  • You’ll reach team members who have the expertise and system access to solve your issue
  • Securing your personally identifiable information
  • Customers who have already contacted us shouldn’t be penalised for not escalating their tickets on public forums

The Purpose of the Curve Community:

The Curve Community is where Curve customers unite to help Curve simplify their finances, so they can enjoy life’s rich experiences. Join us for monthly updates, sneak peeks, and learn how other community members make the most out of their Curve card and app. Make Curve even better by sharing your feedback on the current features, the upcoming features in Beta, and by sharing your ideas for the future!

We will keep being consistent with upholding the Code of Conduct and create personal messages out of topics that are about your transactions, personal cards, and account.

Let’s be clear here - these were not a cases of someone slapping in a support ticket, and whinging 10 minutes later because it has not been resolved.

But - if patient, reasonable people feel they are being ignored / unfairly treated on one channel, they will of course reach out on another - regardless of an attempt to prevent this by a policy.

Rather than censoring this, please be more transparent - publish your support target response/resolution times, and give us weekly/monthly numbers showing how you are doing with these targets. If people are frustrated with support response times / unhelpful responses, own that failure and tell us how you’ll do better.

The cat is out of the bag - your support sucks. Fix it, don’t make things worse by trying to cover it up.

7 Likes

Curve has a lot to improve in regards of communication. Maybe this subject is handled just by @Curve_Marie and even with the best intentions, she cannot do everything. But said this, I don’t have the feeling there is censorship against criticism.

Yesterday I posted a message clearly complaining about the refund process and tracking, with a screenshot an specific information in it, and not only it has not been deleted but also the feedback has been positive (let’s hope the work to fix it is also positive :sweat_smile: ).

Your criticism - ‘this works, could work better’ (especially when it’s something curve we’re clearly already working on) clearly has a lot less negative impact than ones that Curve have admitted to censoring, eg -

• I’m down hundreds (thousands?) of pounds due to fraud, and Curve have ignored all efforts to claim under their customer protection policy

• Those double double charges on Jan 23rd you said were all sorted - some of this was done wrongly. Rather than responding to my requests to fix this, Curve have ignored them for over a week.

So of course they chose to leave yours up, because they were able to respond constructively.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad your issue was resolved, and nobody claimed all critical posts were removed. But, please consider the position of other customers. Curve had admitted to removing posts, which are clearly critical of Curve, so while you may not have experienced censorship, it’s clearly is going on.

Edit - if anything, your post proves that Curve only use their ‘community policy’ to remove the posts they want censored!

You put far more information in your post than either of the removed threads - these only mentioned approximate amounts (and in my case a specific date) and they didn’t have screenshots / identify the underlying card type or the merchant involved!

Thanks for highlighting this.

1 Like

Wow, this is very concerning.

I feel like the censorship is so serious that I went from being “user of the month” to almost not contributing anymore to this community, as I don’t feel I have free speech here.

By the way, I made a backup of this thread, I hope I’m not going against some rule: https://web.archive.org/web/20200306223112/https://community.curve.com/t/curve-are-censoring-posts/4705

2 Likes