Curve card transactions requiring 3D email/sms/app verification are failing

Hi,

I was just using my Curve card on the Sainsbury’s website. Some of the transactions (mostly above £50) asked for Mastercard 3D sms/email/app verification. When I clicked on email, the transaction failed immediately. When I clicked on app, and then approved the pop-up that came up on the app, the app said transaction confirmed but it failed at the merchant website.

When I tried two lower value transactions of £10 and £20 it didn’t ask for 3D verification and went through fine.

It looks like an issue with Curve’s Mastercard 3D verification, but I’m a bit confused.

I have asked the Curve helpdesk but they usually take a few days to get back.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

I pre ordered google nest audio
All went smooth

This issue has been reported long time ago, but curve seems to not really care about it

1 Like

@Onimaca That’s a real shame! :frowning: Very surprised to see that it’s a known issue for many months now.

Unfortunately this could be a real deal breaker if 3DS doesn’t work at all.

I’m having the same issue since I’ve received my card, 4 weeks ago, and the support team just can’t offer a sollution. I’ve opened 3 tickets because they just stop answering without the troubleshooting being over.

Stopped using the physical card because I’ve lost all the confidence in Curve.

My thread is this one: Can’t make online purchases which requires 3D Secure autentication

Such a pity…

I got this reply from support. They don’t seem to worry much about our case

Hi user
I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. We’re currently investigating this issue with our Engineering Team and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Just to manage your expectations, we don’t have a timeframe to resolve this issue at the moment. We’ll be sure to let you know as soon as our engineers have been able to fix this issue.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience - please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime.
Best wishes,
David S
Team Curve