Curve charged me four times instead of refunding - Now ignores me completely!

TLDR: Curve is trying to get away with stealing money from me.

Background: On April 6th, I made a Paypal transaction with my Curve card with amount X. Unfortunately, the seller cancelled the purchase and refunded me the amount X via Paypal. What did Curve do? They did not refund me the amount onto my card behind the Curve card, but they CHARGED ME FOUR TIMES instead, so they just took 4X. Afterwards, they refunded X twice, but they still OWE ME 2X. The “Kustomer” chat agent “Grace” does not answer to me requests at all, although I provided all kinds of receipts and screenshots from Paypal and the card account behind my Curve card.
Conclusion: Curve tries to steal my money and get away with it.

1 Like

Hey, unfortunately we can’t check this on the forum as we don’t have access to your account here. It’s best to get in touch with our support team through your app or through Twitter DM (@AskCurve) so they can take a look!

1 Like

I had the same problem using the APP support… had to use the twitter channel to ask for their assistance…

Turns out, they helped me! They asked the other support teams to look at my problem again. It took 3 or 4 times, but they resolved my issue.

I don’t understand why an issue so important has yours is being neglected…

1 Like

In the first instance Curve would always prefer users to reach out to support@curve.app after that they still need help then reach out to Twitter and see what help can be offered there.

Curve has replied but they tell two different stories:
A) Of the four charges, two are “preliminary” and will be cancelled automatically.
B) One of the refunds was interpreted as a charge by my bank. My bank is to blame.
Since my bank will not answer to e-mails by Tuesday, I will have to wait.

1 Like

The B is actually correct for some banks. I don’t know why. It has happened to me with GBiTs.
For instance, I have a card A which I use with Curve. I decide to move a transaction from A to B. What happens is that I immediately get the new charge on card B, which is correct, but I also immediately get a second charge on card A. After a few days, I get the refund of the original transaction on card A, and after several weeks, the second charge disappears, looking like a never confirmed preauthorization. So everything gets sorted out automatically. It’s annoying, but it happens with only one of my underlying cards.