Curve | Coinbase

Curve | Coinbase

Exciting news – we’ve teamed up with cryptocurrency platform, Coinbase, to give you all the things you love about Curve on your Coinbase Card.

:money_mouth_face: Add your Coinbase Card and start earning 1% cashback as you spend with Curve*

:green_apple::iphone: Spend seamlessly with your Coinbase Card on Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay**

:money_with_wings: Spend abroad without the high fees with Curve’s amazing exchange rates.

ADD YOUR COINBASE CARD TO CURVE

Haven’t heard about Coinbase?
Coinbase is an account for buying, selling, earning, and storing cryptocurrencies. It’s one of the biggest (and safest!) names in the game.

FAQs

*Curve cashback limits differ by tier: Curve Blue (90 days on 3 selected retailers), Curve Black (Unlimited time on 3 retailers) and Curve Metal (Unlimited time on 6 retailers).

**Using your coinbase card on Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay only applies only if you use your Coinbase card through Curve. Google Pay and Samsung Pay are not available in all countries and on all cards yet. Please refer to our FAQs for more information on who is eligible to add Curve to Apple Pay/ Google Pay/ Samsung Pay.

4 Likes

Great news. Unfortunately it doesn’t quite work for me. Card is added fine, but when i click verify i just get a white blank screen.

If your rates are so amazing, why are you afraid to
show them next to the ECB rate for comparison? This is a legal requirement.

2 Likes

Interesting news. :+1: I personally don’t have Coinbase card and rather use MCO and Swipe card. Fortunatelly, both these cards work pretty well with Curve. :cowboy_hat_face:

Is there anything special that Coinbase card benefits from this “official partnership” with Curve, that other (crypto) cards don’t have when using with Curve? :thinking::question:

2 Likes

Or even just show them in the app

2 Likes
2 Likes

1% cashback on all transactions with the CB card? Or is it just the standard Curve cashback on the selected (3 or 6) retailers which we get no matter what the underlying card is?

Just the standard Curve Cashback :point_down:t2:

2 Likes

Just the standard it would appear. It kinda reads it’s in addition!!

Yes, it’s a bit misleading.

1 Like

I suppose these Curve articles could helpful: :wink:

2 Likes

I’m intrigued to understand who wanted this feature? Slightly disappointed that this has come first over so many other products that haven’t come to light…

4 Likes

Never mind. Worked now. Now which currency to set the card to, to get best possible rates? The curve app claims to set it to my native currency, but in the coinbase card app it shows my balance in EUR.

Agree, reads as 1% on everything if this method used.

You need to check the fx rates on your CB card and calculate whether Curve or Coinbase will give you better currency exchange conditions. Curve’s fx rates in general are good (you’ll get Mastercard’s rates), but for the free Blue card there’s a fee free monthly limit of 500 GBP plus there’s fee on weekends too.

1 Like

This email was really misleading…
It’s not 1% cashback on your Coinbase card (as people are used to with other Crypto cashback cards) - it’s the usual 1% cashback on the 6 chosen retailers you get anyway

3 Likes

Is that Coinbase card only for the US or EU as well?