Curve iOS 3.6.13 (11873)

Hey all :wave:,

iOS Curve 3.6.13 (11873) will be pushed out to beta users shortly. This week We’ve continued making some improvements under the hood for a better experience and smashed some bugs along the way!

The watch app build is 3.6.13 (11877).

We appreciate all your help and feedback on bugs so we can deliver the best possible experience. Our product team is actively participating in this topic to incorporate your feedback.

When reporting a bug, please:

Check whether it is already reported in the list below
Provide a screenshot and short description
Provide details on how we can reproduce it
Let us know which OS, device and app version you have installed

Hi, no Apple Watch app in this beta?

The apple watch version usually takes a few extra days to release

1 Like

OK, thank you!

Hello Victoria! Just made it available.

3.6.13 (11877)

I just installed it. On the Apple Watch SE, is the same as previous version ex: if default card was set to red, I choose the a green card from watch app, is showing up the Curve logo on it but after few seconds it’s going back to red one. I reinstalled the watch app and it’s the same. I have to repeat this process few times to work. It only works great if I choose a card from iPhone, it’s showing that card on watch app with Curve logo on it.
iPhone 11 running iOS 14.1
Apple Watch SE running watchOS 7.0.2 (18R402)

Hi @Victoria, sorry for the continued issues with the watch app. This is something of a side project for the iOS devs and we’ve been fairly busy with our regular projects. We are hoping to come back and fix some of the bigger issues soon but I want to be careful not to promise too much :sweat_smile:

Sure, I understand. Just wanted to let you know about that

Hi, not sure if here is the best place to raise this as I am unsure what it will sit under, but I’ve just noticed that a refund of £99 made on my Halifax Credit Card has been placed onto my Lloyds Bank Joint Debit Account?! Surely that is not right? Obviously, not a biggie, but I’ve just got off the phone to Halifax to find out why it hadn’t cleared on the account etc to find whilst on hold, that the refund had cleared to a completely different card/bank, last week… Like I said, not sure if this is an app related glitch or not? or where to report.

New beta: Curve 3.6.14 (12292) Beta