Curve Metal Insurance (UK) - Mobile

Hi all,

As a lot of you I wondered if my mobile was insured when at home (ie not on a trip) so I called the AXA number.

They couldn’t answer my question as the policy is not very clear, but redirected me on an email.

I got an answer today and it states that the mobile coverage is not linked to a trip, we’re covered even at home or in our country of résidence as you can see in the following email.

Good news I suppose ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Update:

Response from AXA:

Thank you for your claim in relation to Mobile Phone. We are sorry to note the circumstances involved.

We have considered the supporting details you have provided in accordance with the Policy Terms and Conditions and would like to draw your attention to page 4 which states the following:

“Trips must begin and end in the country of residence and both outbound and inbound travel tickets must be purchased before the trip begins. Any trip solely within the country of residence is only covered where you have pre-booked at least two nights’ accommodation rented for a fee. Please note if your trip is longer than the maximum duration, we will not cover that trip.”

Based on the information above, we are not in a position to make settlement of any costs related to your claim as you were not on a trip and there is no Gadget cover under your policy.
We understand that although this decision may be disappointing, we hope that you will understand why we cannot consider settlement of your claim on this occasion.

The above decision has been based on the documentation supplied to us. If you have any additional information, which could affect the assessment of your claim, please send this to us for further consideration.

initial response to my appeal to AXA:

Thank you for your recent communication.

I am extremely sorry to learn that you are dissatisfied with your policy. I can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns and we will contact you again as soon as we have completed our investigation.

Your case will be managed by one of our skilled Complaint Investigators. Should you require any information during the interim period, please contact us on the telephone number or email address below.

Formal Complaint Response - Snip from final response to my complaint to AXA:

AXA made a gesture payment representing a fraction of the cost of my claim.

Having reviewed your file in full, I can confirm that the Claims Department acted correctly in the assessment of your claim. I note that your claim was declined due to you not having at least two nights pre-booked accommodation, thus not being on a trip in your country of residence. I have copied the relevant section of your policy wording below. I am therefore unable to uphold this aspect of your complaint.

"Trips must begin and end in the country of residence and both outbound and inbound travel tickets must be purchased before the trip begins. Any trip solely within the country of residence is only covered where you have pre-booked at least two nights’ accommodation rented for a fee. Please note if your trip is longer than the maximum duration, we will not cover that trip."

2 Likes

So you’ve had your claim rejected because you were not on a trip outside of your residence? But @bluxxt has an email saying that no trip needs to be booked?

So AXA staff don’t even know the length of their insurance cover and what it covers, so how can we trust the insurance bundled with Curve Metal?

@Curve_Joel Any idea?

2 Likes

Hello,

I sent a screenshot of the last message of danje asking for clarification and here is the answer :

So again a confirmation that the mobile insurance is not linked to the trip insurance.

Maybe You should forward my screens to AXA @danje ? :man_shrugging:t2:

Curve should be working on this to provide a official answer as they’ve signed the contract with the company to provide the service to us. Why buy a dog then start barking yourself? @Curve_Joel

2 Likes