Curve Pay works on Android (in Slovenia), but not for Slovenian BIN Curve cards

Curve Pay works on Google Pixel 5 phone.

Curve card: UK BIN card (does not work with Slovenian BIN Curve Card)
Phone: Android with Google Play Services

1 Like

Nice! Did you download and install the Curve app from Google Play Store or from the Huawei AppGallery?

I installed the Curve app from Google Play Store. All my friends from Slovenia have “Enable Curve Pay” button in the Curve app for Android.

Ok, thanks for reporting back.

That might have something to do with the fact that officially GooglePay is not available in Slovenia. I live in the Netherlands (where GooglePay is officially available) and I don’t have the ‘Enable Curve Pay’-button, but instead have the ‘Add to GPay’-button in my Curve app.

The problem is that only Curve cards with UK BIN work. Slovenian Curve cards do not work (error: Please try again later…).

You can check if you have Curve Pay in Curve Settings (Curve app > Account > Settings):

I have version 2.90.0

I am on 2.90.1

But I don’t have that option in my settings.

This is what is says on the support page:

https://help.curve.com/what-is-curve-pay-Skw9tMH7K

Who’s eligible for Curve Pay?

Curve Pay is available for selected customers across the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA). We plan to make it widely available shortly, so keep your eyes peeled for any updates from us!

But since Slovenia is part of the EEA it’s weird and annoying that Slovenian BIN Curve cards can not be added to Curve Pay.

But support pages are outdated anyway, only mention that Curve Pay can be used on Huawei phones, no mention of Android phones.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. They get the following error:

Interesting:

Curve app Netherlands:

Curve app Slovenia:

That makes it even weirder Curve Pay does not work for Slovenian BIN Curve cards. And also that the support pages do not mention that Curve Pay also works (or should work) on non-Huawei Android phones.

All countries that not have Google Pay have Curve Pay apparently:

2 Likes

Wonderful. Now it just need to work there too :slightly_smiling_face:

Curve support:

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Curve Pay. We’re aware of an issue that’s causing a small number of our customers to not be able to add their card to Curve Pay. Sadly, your account has been affected.
Let me assure you that we’re currently investigating this problem with the relevant team and we’ll get back to you as soon as we have any updates.
Just to manage your expectations, we don’t have a set timeframe to resolve this for you at the moment.
I’m truly sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience – please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime.

i think it’s official. Curve Pay is available on:

• Huawei devices (UK & Europe)
  • Android devices (Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus, Iceland, Luxembourg)

We ALL want it!!!

Let users to choice if use Google Pay or Curve Pay.

2 Likes

GSM: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with Android 11
Curve app. version 2.92.1 (from date 24.11.2021)
Curve (virtual) card with Slovenian BIN number (physical not received yet)

Initially, I used the Curve app in the Samsung Secure Folder,
but now I use the app outside of the Samsung Secure Folder.
In both cases I get the same error.

I cannot use a virtual Curve card to be able to make contactless payments with Curve Pay.

When I want to enable Curve contactless payment I get an error:

We weren’t able to enable Curve Pay for you at the moment.
Please try again later or reach out to our customer care.

1 Like

Curve application version 2.92.2 on Android (dated 26.11.2021)
still does not allow contactless payment with Curve Pay for Slovenian BIN Curve cards.

1 Like

Croatia have… I can add card to google pay or use curve pay. I didn’t have option for curve pay but after deinstall/install it showed up.

We ALL want Curve Pay!!!

1 Like

Deinstall app version 2.92.2.
Install Curve application 2.93.1 on Samsung Android 11
(from 26.11.2021 - strangely the same day as the previous version 2.92.2)
still not working contactless payment with Curve Pay for Slovenian BIN Curve cards.

1 Like

Google Pay is officially enabled in Croatia, while Slovenia is not, see the link:
https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7454247

1 Like

Yes the way you get Google Pay working in Slovenia is change your Revolut’s account address to Slovenian embassy in Croatia, issue a new virtual card and add it to Google Pay and then revert the address change :sweat_smile:

1 Like