Curve Pay works on Android (in Slovenia), but not for Slovenian BIN Curve cards

Tell me about it. They get the following error:

Interesting:

Curve app Netherlands:

Curve app Slovenia:

That makes it even weirder Curve Pay does not work for Slovenian BIN Curve cards. And also that the support pages do not mention that Curve Pay also works (or should work) on non-Huawei Android phones.

All countries that not have Google Pay have Curve Pay apparently:

2 Likes

Wonderful. Now it just need to work there too :slightly_smiling_face:

Curve support:

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Curve Pay. We’re aware of an issue that’s causing a small number of our customers to not be able to add their card to Curve Pay. Sadly, your account has been affected.
Let me assure you that we’re currently investigating this problem with the relevant team and we’ll get back to you as soon as we have any updates.
Just to manage your expectations, we don’t have a set timeframe to resolve this for you at the moment.
I’m truly sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience – please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime.

i think it’s official. Curve Pay is available on:

• Huawei devices (UK & Europe)
  • Android devices (Slovenia, Malta, Cyprus, Iceland, Luxembourg)

We ALL want it!!!

Let users to choice if use Google Pay or Curve Pay.

2 Likes

GSM: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with Android 11
Curve app. version 2.92.1 (from date 24.11.2021)
Curve (virtual) card with Slovenian BIN number (physical not received yet)

Initially, I used the Curve app in the Samsung Secure Folder,
but now I use the app outside of the Samsung Secure Folder.
In both cases I get the same error.

I cannot use a virtual Curve card to be able to make contactless payments with Curve Pay.

When I want to enable Curve contactless payment I get an error:

We weren’t able to enable Curve Pay for you at the moment.
Please try again later or reach out to our customer care.

1 Like

Curve application version 2.92.2 on Android (dated 26.11.2021)
still does not allow contactless payment with Curve Pay for Slovenian BIN Curve cards.

1 Like

Croatia have… I can add card to google pay or use curve pay. I didn’t have option for curve pay but after deinstall/install it showed up.

We ALL want Curve Pay!!!

1 Like

Deinstall app version 2.92.2.
Install Curve application 2.93.1 on Samsung Android 11
(from 26.11.2021 - strangely the same day as the previous version 2.92.2)
still not working contactless payment with Curve Pay for Slovenian BIN Curve cards.

1 Like

Google Pay is officially enabled in Croatia, while Slovenia is not, see the link:
https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7454247

1 Like

Yes the way you get Google Pay working in Slovenia is change your Revolut’s account address to Slovenian embassy in Croatia, issue a new virtual card and add it to Google Pay and then revert the address change :sweat_smile:

1 Like

…just said that we ALL want Curve pay option?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sorry, just a curiosity.

I don’t get it: I understand on Huawei devices, but why should one feel the need to use Curve Pay on an android device instead of GooglePay? Is there any benefit ?

There could be technical issues which could impede Google Pay usage and/or somebody could not want to use Google Pay at all… why don’t simply enable it for everyone and let user to choose what NFC payment service to use? :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t use Google Pay with Slovenian debit cards or cards with a Slovenian BIN number on (Samsung) Android.
This applies to all debit cards of local (Slovenian) banks as well as the Curve debit card (virtual or physical).
That’s why ALL Curve users want to use Curve Pay because Google Pay doesn’t work.

1 Like

Any news on that topic? They said, they need time to fix it, but to me it seems, that they are only stalling.

From Curve support:

I can assure you that we are looking into this and will be back in touch as soon as possible.
Please be aware that, due to the relevant team experiencing high volumes at this time, this process may take longer than expected.

It is my opinion that Curve Pay will not work in 2021.

Curve app 2.94.1 (9 December 2021).
Curve Pay contactless payment still doesn’t work.
In these Corona times, payment by phone is very welcome because we do not need to enter a PIN number at POS terminals.
Curve team think about this aspect of using Curve Pay.