Curve Send (P2P) - Phase 1: Send from Curve account to Curve Cash

Just saw this. I’ve sent a couple of payments with no reduction in my limit.

In fact, the last payment should have pushed me over my daily limit, but went through anyway and has been received.

1 Like

That’s very interesting, I wonder if it will then come off the other person spend limit as they will be the people ultimately spending it.

Yes, they just did a payment with the Curve Cash and it reduced their limit.

Is this the intended behaviour?

So if it reduces your curve limit when using curve case, would it then reduce your limit in general when using curve cash?

Soi if I have £50 of cashback and I spend it, have I just lost £50 of my limits.

Another thought would be this, if I have reached my limit and I want to spend my curve cash, will I be stopped from doing that and could value expire within the year I am at my limit?

I wonder how Curve holds the Curve Cash funds. Maybe it’s beneficial to encourage people to build up big Curve Cash balances… It certainly would be if they can get interest on it.

What happens if you want to close your account?

What is the maximum Curve Cash balance allowed?

So many questions

1 Like

Anyone got any info on this? I can’t seem to find any

I do not see the app under Beta and I can’t update it to beta. I am using android and I am beta tester signed up 3 weeks ago. Any one know how to update the app?

Just used it with a friend and does work perfectly and instantly ! The transaction appears as “On Line Payment” on my underlying card ( Debit card for this test). Will test it with a Credit card later . I really like this function ! thanx Curve ! .
Pat

Did you download the last appli ? If yes, you do find the “send” icon just on the bottom icons, just right after the “wallet” icon. Did you ?
Pat.

1 Like

I think Curve doesn’t have licence to hold some cash…that the reason you find points inside the Cash card…no ? and the points are converted in pounds , but Curve holds points and not cash…

1 Like

So, what security is there?
That’s the real question, I suppose.

If Curve goes bust, what happens to Curve Cash balances?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bug Report - Android 2.11.1 (21101)

That’s what I always assumed.

I would think that if Curve go bust, your Curve points would be worth zero. Would be good to get some information on this from Curve, but I wouldn’t be using it for any substantial amounts.

1 Like

For family then, it still makes much more sense to add them as additional cardholders on the underlying card, instead of this.

Hopefully GBIT will be available down the line for Curve Cash, so you could use it to send the exact amount for a specific transaction.

1 Like

There are two limitations that make Curve send absolutely useless. 1. No option to send money from Curve cash card. The only option is to send from an underlying card.
2. The fact that money on the curve cash card can’t be withdrawn on an ATM

These two limitations make CURVE SEND almost useless. Are there any plans to do away with these limitations?

You can send money from curve Cash card ive tried it a few moments ago successfully :thinking:

1 Like

It is a BETA, meaning more features will come. When you look at the pdf provided for the crowdfunding page, you’ll see that withdrawing Curve Cash balance to an underlying card is a planned feature.
They explained it very well, 1st stage is just sending p2p.

And yes, sending money from the current balance is already possible

5 Likes

Hi! :wave:I’m Daniel from Product! We are still looking to see that’s the best approach, what are your thoughts? Do you want another currency?

1 Like

Hi! :wave:Yes! :smile: We left open that to see if people tried to use it, and you tried! Is there any use case why?

:grinning: Glad you like it!