Curve Transactions showing incorrectly on Bank Statement

Does anyone know why my curve transactions are now showing as this on my bank statement - and not in the usual ‘CRVMerchant’ format?

This has only been happening since yesterday - and caused my bank to block my card.

Hey Chris, thanks for flagging this! I’ve raised this with the relevant team and they’re currently investigating the problem. I’ll update you once we know why the merchant names aren’t displaying correctly for you.

For me pending transactions were showing as CRV** , however when the transaction settled it showed the usual Crv*merchant Name.

2 Likes

Encountering this issue also, weirdly the HSBC app shows on their alerts the merchant name but the statement just says CRV**

1 Like

Well, a very interesting discussion which answers some of my questions with recent changes.

My experience:
I use a challenger shariah compliant banking card, Rizq, which recently shown all my transactions as bank payments rather than a card payment. I don’t know why it initiated like this but in February I noted it. Its a visa card for reference.
Somehow due to this change I couldn’t get hold of details in bank app as transections were shown as CRV** instead of CRV (full name of store).

Well, started using another shariah compliant banking app, MyAhmed, it still shows as card payment as it did before, its a visa card as well.

I didn’t dig deeper but reading your post made things more clear to me.

Thank you and good luck.

1 Like

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay in following up on this.

@cgadd99, our payment processor believe they’ve been able to fix this issue. Has this improved things for you or are you still seeing transactions in this incorrect format?

If you’re happy to help with looking into this @drnhsarja and @sbangs, please provide the BINs from these affected banks so that I can have our payments team look into this issue further! :grin:

Just to update @Curve_Joel the issue seems to have resolved itself on HSBC Debit card and Barclaycard

1 Like

That’s great news! Hopefully, the fix applied by the payments team was a universal one in that case. :tada: