Customer Experience Update

Curve Customer Experience Update

Hello again Curve Community!

As you may remember from my last post, I’m the Head of Customer Experience (CX) at Curve and I’m here to provide another update on the progress of my team in recent months.

Towards the end of 2021, I spoke on behalf of the CX team to address Community concerns about the standard of responses and response times being provided by our CX team at the time. You can read this previous post here.

Today, I’m excited to share some metrics from our customer service software, Kustomer, which demonstrate how the CX team has successfully handled the backlog we were experiencing, and how we’ve since improved the overall customer experience.

Metrics: 13-19 December 2021 compared to 14-20 March 2022

Median Time to First Response: Improved by 96%

Median Time to Resolution: Improved by 92%

Total Open Conversations: Reduced by 79%

Since we’ve restructured the team and enhanced support, tooling, and training for the Customer Experience team, we’ve improved both our average response times and standard of responses. If you experience an issue with your app, account or transaction, our priority is that you receive helpful answers as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind that these metrics are based on averages, and I appreciate that some of you may be waiting longer for resolutions to specific issues. I assure you that we’re working hard to resolve your issue, and will be in touch as soon as possible.

We know there’s still room for improvement and we’re not resting on our laurels, but I consider this an improvement worth sharing!

If you have any questions then please feel free to let us know. Myself and @Curve_Joel are always happy to help.

Best wishes from the CX team!

6 Likes

Hi Kate, many thanks for the update. Can you confirm when communications with Customer Experience will revert back to what it was before you took on ‘KUSTOMER’ as your platform? I’ve just raised a query through the in-app chat and the Robot has told me to wait 24 hours. Not sure that is Customer Service in comparison to others (as I have raised before). What was the reasons as to why ‘KUSTOMER’ software was brought in when the previous in-app chat worked perfectly fine and someone was always at the other end, with only ever a maximum of 4-5 minute wait at times. I am not sure as paying customers that 24 hours is justifiable in the current world of ‘online-banking’ (yes, I know, you are not a Bank). In fact, even non-paying customers shouldn’t have to wait that long. We all move at a pace of 100mph and some have days where you have no time to deal with an issue the following day or later that evening once a first response is received.

I completely accept that this has been a challenge and one that was not expected, but ultimately, we the customers never requested the in-app chat experience to change to KUSTOMER and since you have, this is where 18 months worth of problems have stemmed from.

Currently, this situation alone has resulted in me removing my ‘every day spending’ away from Curve as I can’t continue to wait days upon days for responses when I should be able to speak to someone there and then when the problem occurs and get it resolved. End of the day, this is my money we are managing here.

Again, I appreciate the update.

Thanks

3 Likes

I think KUSTOMER and the introduction of the Robot that supposedly will answer all your questions, is such a bad customer experience feature… It makes customers feel like they don’t know anything and whatever they need help with can simply be solved by a robot that just has a selection of default FAQ answers…

This particularly hurts the experience of Metal members that would expect at minimum a real person been available to answer any of their queries - even if they were queries that could be answered within the FAQ library.

It makes me question why I upgraded to Metal recently and if I actually made a mistake by doing so…

7 Likes

Learn to not close chat before allowing the customer to respond just to improve your KPIs. Very poor customer service. You will be in for a huge shock if you do this in the USA. I’m an American and I detest poor customer support!

7 Likes

Hi again, thanks for sharing these concerns about our auto-responses and the difference in Premium customer experience since the move to Kustomer.

I’ve spoken to the CX leadership team to get some further information on this for you. For now, they simply want to reassure you that they are continuing to improve response times every week and their focus is now turning to improve customer satisfaction scores from conversations but I will be able to provide more information soon. These scores are left by users getting in touch so accurately reflect the individual experience being provided on a case-by-case basis.

I’m continuing this discussion with the Customer Experience leadership team and I’ll be providing a plan from them showing how they will continue improving the service being provided in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I can understand your frustration with receiving some automated responses when first reaching out to support. However, please bear in mind that as Community users you are typically part of a minority of customers that are extremely well educated in how Curve works. This may make FAQ suggestions feel dismissive to you as a solution to your issues but this approach very frequently resolves the issues of new or more casual users looking for help.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting 15 days for a reply to an email…

2 Likes

I have been waiting for a reply since 17/03-2022.
It’s basically the definition of non-existent support (the only response was on the first day, where it said that my request needs the attention from a human…).
I have been pinging inside the case as well, to no avail.

1 Like

Myself also. I posted a support ticket in the middle of March - didn’t even get an automated response. I was about to chase it this weekend when I got a response on Saturday afternoon. I’ve replied as the response doesn’t answer my query properly :frowning: I suppose I’ll hear back in May :wink:

2 Likes

Would this experience make any customer happy? As a Premium metal subscriber, I expect prompt action; and when a human or bot states that I should expect a response within 24 hours, I expect that to be true. That has not been the case thus far.

2 Likes

The overall layout of that bugs the hell out of me. Doesn’t even come across as an area of the App whereby I communicate with Customer Services. I know I bang on since moving money to Starling Bank, but below is their example of in-app chat. Clear. Easy to navigate and doesn’t ram unnecessary information down my throat when trying to just ask for human assistance. Closed chats then hit the ‘Archive’ section at the bottom for referencing or picking back up…

1 Like

Yes, I don’t understand how hard it is for curve desingers to model how success customer service teams operate.

Myself also like you having contacted curve customer service about an issue and Everytime I get a reply I get one from a different person and even if I go back instantly to reply to the app, next response I get is from a different person again. Had about 6 repossess this way and none of which until the last one helped me whatsoever.

I also much preferred the old process of customer service of having the same person keep chat open for an x period of time and talk to an individual. I don’t really understand why it’s not possible to simply employ more people as clearly curve will expand and it’s been over a year, you can’t tell me it takes this long to train customer service members.

Lately I was considering upgrading metal, but as even the metal customers are not getting preferential treatment for customer service im definitely upgrading.

I’m no even so sure I even want to be an investor anymore as it’s such a basic issue that’s not being resolved for so long

1 Like

I’m in a conversation with Curve Support at the moment to retrieve cashback that’s not been captured that’s been the same cashback for the past 3-4 years. It’s buggy, someone has responded but there is no app notification symbol on the Curve App and I’ve clicked to see my response and it’s not showing me the message. I’ve just closed the app and decided the 75p in cashback is not worth the effort.

I’m contemplating just going back to standard free tier as I’m getting nothing for £9.99 a month. Literally nothing.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the ImagineCurve Reddit is more active than this forum, even though unofficial. I hate that I need to resort to that or Twitter for real support.

2 Likes

@KateStevens has Curve customer support shut down? I’ve raised issues via the chat. It says I need a human and will get a response in 48 hours but I never get a response. The chat always shows as ended without a response.

1 Like

Hello sean.hewitt,

We don’t have access to your account here on the Community so unfortunately we can’t investigate these issues for you here. Instead, you’ll need to reach out to the Curve support team about this.

The support team are getting a lot of messages right now so they’re taking a bit longer than usual to reply. If you’re currently waiting on a response and it’s been more than 24 hours then I’d recommend sending a DM to @AskCurve on Twitter or Curve’s Facebook page.

Do you know when it will come back to normal ?

I had an issue end of may it took 19 days to solve it. And now I went to metal, I asked a question Friday. It’s not urgent but only reason I pay is to support Curve (could have stay with 2 cards) but it would be nice to have at least a decent support answer delay…

@Mattia Firstly, thanks for reply. It’s appreciated. I’ll do as you suggest, but I hope that everyone can see the irony in advising someone to contact a company via twitter because there customer service team is too busy. Frankly, it’s feeling like the end of Curve.

1 Like