Declined Curve Card

My curve blu card has been declined at Aldi, Iceland and First Group buses in the last week. I have plenty of cash available on the card that curve is connected to on my mobile, indeed I used the card that curve is connected to at all 3 of the listed places where curve was declined. At this rate it is not going to be worth having if I cannot trust it.

Please contact customer services and they will be able to tell you the reason for your declines. As we are users like yourself we don’t have that kind of information to hand.

I have not used my card for a year but have wanted to start using it and it is being declined. Do I have to re-activate it or do something else. Any hints would be nice

Please contact customer services and they will be able to tell you the reason for your declines. As we are users like yourself we don’t have that kind of information to hand.

Be aware, that it takes ages for the support to do easy tasks like this. The best “anti-embarrassment mode” is to avoid Curve itself.

My card is also blocked without any reason, and the support can only merge my messages but not solve the issue itself.

Contact customer care via the app or on Twitter @askcurve

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just a reply to my last post about a declined card. Bit of negativity in the replies so when something goes right applaud it. Declined card problem solved by customer services in 2 day and this over a bank holiday so very happy with the service.

2 Likes