Display current card balance

Think it would be really useful to be able to see the current balance of any registered card.

Im based in the UK and use quite a few apps to manage my finances (chip, plum, cleo, moneybox) and on most of these I am able to see the current balance of each card.

Theoretically, thats possible with PSD2. There are many companies who even do the hard work implementing all those APIs, for example: https://www.saltedge.com/

But it will take many man hours to implement such a feature and it would also cost significantly ressources to keep it working and to pay for the service.
It would also confuse the users of seeing the actual balance of the underlying card for all purchases made with the card (no matter if through Curve or not) vs. purchases made via Curve to that card.
I can’t think of a single solution where it would make sense (display-wise)

So its much better to organize the other cards balances through another app, such as one you mentioned or my favorite: https://outbankapp.com/en/

Correct me if i’m wrong, but isn’t this literally already in the roadmap?

1 Like

You are right, this exactly it - AISP service with resource account balance.

I think they can implement that using open banking apk which is supported with most banks now just recently Revolut added option to link card from other banks to theirs but you can only see balance can not spend money.

I Looked at Outbank, but to use it I have to root my phone, something which I am never going to do as it will then kill my regular banking apps. I have used Curve metal for some time now and am happy with the solutions it offers me over the multiple cards at once, along with a number of useful addons.

It has struck me a number of times reading many posts that … There are many members of Curve Metal that want the card to provide absolutely everything that every other card of its kind offer and are less than willing to compromise until they see them happen.

I would love to see the balance of my cards on the Curve app, since I always see myself going to the bank apps to do it.

I know that Curve applied to a license to connect with other financial institutions, so, would it be possible to add this feature without this license?

Connecting your money further
We’ve applied for a licence which will let Curve connect to other banks and financial institutions on the Open Banking network, to allow us to bring your money closer to you. With enhanced Insights and Timeline, Curve will be able to be smarter for you, making sure you can focus on the more important things in life.”

Agree
some ATM can even some your balance on revolut cards
Even then you travel abroad

So it is possible curve can do the same

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm, I remember that some ATM give you that possibility.

And this feature goes perfectly with Curve Send if you want to have more money on a specific card or for you to better select which card to use with Curve Send.

1 Like