Do I need to change my card if I want to change the plan?

Hey guys I want to change the plan to avoid foreign currency fees above 500 euros. I have 3 questions to ask for help!
Do I need to change the card if I want to upgrade my plan?
Will the card number and expiration date change?
Will the foreign currency fee during the weekend will also be waived?
Thanks!

1 Like

From blue to black. No (you can keep using your blue card if you like).
From blue/black to metal. Yes.

From blue to black. No (you can keep using your blue card if you like).
From blue/black to metal. Yes.

No.

Thank you so much! So they won’t send me another card if I upgrade to black, right?

I am living abroad so it would be best if they can send me a new card abroad as my old card expires in mid-2022

What a pity! Any idea to waive the foreign currency fee during the weekends?

And Merry Christmas!

As far as I know you will be send a new card. But you will be able to keep using your blue card until you activate your black card.

Pick a different underlying card in the weekends (and let the ‘card’ do the conversion, instead of Curve) that uses a good FX rate and doesn’t apply a weekend mark-up.

Merry Christmas :snowman::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Thank you!

The new card will still have the same expiration date as the old one?

Thanks, I am a bit confused. You mean to choose an underlying card with the currency we are going to spend on weekends, right?

The new card will have a different expiration date (and number).

That’s correct.

Thanks, that is a bit hard to choose as I am aboard now. And I don’t quite want to change the card number.

Example: I spend CNY on weekends while the currency of the card I want to use is USD. I can use another card of CNY to spend, while ​if I want to use go back in time, the currency should be the same. So I have to use CNY. If I want to use USD, I will have to pay 3% of weekends fee and 3% fee if I spend over 500 euros per month with a blue card plan

Not necessarily.

But indeed in your specific example if you spent in CNY on a CNY card you can not GBiT to a USD card.