Earn Cashback for a whole YEAR

Guys! You got it all wrong! In survey I suggested to add cashback to £20 bonus - not to replace it! I suppose that most people don’t earn £2000 or more to get £20 as cashback.
Others have for example €5 bonus and upt to €50 - but cashback is up to 25% (yeah, I know, in selected shops).

Please, bring back instant £20 bonus!

7 Likes

i’m underwhelmed to be honest. For a card I hardly ever use (lots of declines in the Netherlands) this will only add up to a few pennies.

2 Likes

I can’t say I am excited about this, sorry.

2 Likes

Not to mention, the cashback is capped at £20 per month (in the terms and conditions).

Essentially, swapping a £20 payment for a referral, to cashback up to £20. They’ve probably crunched the numbers and know that people won’t get close to that amount.

This type of non-transparency for reducing costs isn’t great.

3 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

Free cashback for 1 year!

It’s not, it’s a lie and the type of click bait I’d expect from a cheap ass, money grabbing, con of a company.

Just be honest and say get 1 months cashback on all transactions @1% in addition to any cashback already being earned.

This approach of saying 12 months free providing you refer someone once every month is a con and cheapens the image of the company, I feel.

2 Likes

Swapping the 20GBP bonus for cashback capped at 20GBP is essentially a no bonus for me. Not good, won’t waste time with referrals.

5 Likes

I think this is not a good move. I know that for Curve it’ better in terms of finance, but not for Curve user. I am no longer motivated to do all the hassle of convincing people to use your service for the cashback. In order to get this £20 I would have to spend £2000 monthly which is unreachable for me. I will wait till you revert it to old system…(if that ever happens?)

It’s a shame that new users don’t get the £5 sing up anymore.

2 Likes

So what do I now use to incentivise my friend to sign up to Curve? Previously I’d push the fact we both got £20 after their 3rd transaction with their Curve Card. Now what? “Please sign up to this so you get nothing and I earn £20 in 1% cash back for 30days, which won’t happen as I don’t push (earn that’s not paid on bills away from Curve) that amount through to get £20 in cash back!”

This 1% per transaction should be standard for Metal users. This is a no-brainer to incentivise EVERYONE to either upgrade to top-tier PLUS use their Curve card for every transaction.

2 Likes

Well this isn’t working. I referred a friend and received confirmation form Customer Services that we would both get 1% cash back for 30 days. So far I’ve received my cash back for my selected retailers that I spent in over the weekend, but not received anything for other retailers where I should be getting for 30days - any ideas? I’d ask Customer Services but will take 5 days to respond (if I am lucky!) …

2 Likes

How do I know if I got the extra period of 1% cash back?
Honestly, I’ve referred at least 7 people to join Curve, so for I only got one £20 referral bonus.
All of them are having similar issues as me, when joining Curve.
I did ID verification with my iPhone app during registration, I successfully made two payments, then my Curve was blocked and I was told there is no ID verification for me!!! Then , after ID verification, my Curve still blocked! Then I was told address proof required. Think about it, I received my Curve card and activated, and I tried to use the physical card to pay, but Curve required address proof.
Finally, I was able to use Curve but more than 3 weeks later. So the one who referred me got nothing!

Interesting thing is, for other issues we experienced, Curve normally can response with 48 hours. For those registration related? More than a week each time that leads to more than 3 weeks to resolve and thus no referral.

I have more proof , I helped one to register Curve, she then used Curve for more than 10 transactions in a week using Apple Pay. You know what? Only first 2 transactions recorded in Curve app, the rest only shown in Apple Pay and her bank record but never show in Curve app. So, she doesn’t received 1 % cash back for what she spent and I did not received referral bonus.

I really think Curve referral is just a joke! I have only 1 out of 7 referrals succeed and the referee even not receiving her 1% bonus!

Really GOOD WORK Curve

Great news, Curve are removing the cap. Good on them for listening to their best customers :+1:t5:

From Curve’s H1 2021 update:

• We have also upgraded our referral programme , allowing customers to earn 1% cashback for one month for every successful referral, without caps or constraints. For example, customers can extend their 1% cashback for up to a YEAR, that’s 12 whole months, by making 12 successful referrals.

Pity they didn’t update the FAQ and T&C’s yet…so I actually don’t think the cap is removed at all.

https://help.curve.com/en_us/referrals-and-bonus-how-do-they-work-By31Bd2L_

The maximum cashback you can earn is capped at £20 each month.

The maximum amount of cashback you can earn under this introductory offer is 2,000 Curve Cash Points, which is equivalent to £20.

The maximum amount of cashback you can earn from each Referral Reward is 2,000 Curve Cash Points, which is equivalent to £20. For example, if you successfully refer 2 people, the maximum you can earn is 4,000 Curve Cash Points (equivalent to £40) during a 60 day period.

Day 5 and still no additional 1% cashback and still no response from Customer Services, despite priority given to premium users…

1 Like

Day 29

Still no update.

Day 31

Curve support have come back, having reviewed the issue and my account for this period of time, that I am not entitled to the rewards for referral as my friend hit 3 separate transactions, but not over £20 in total!

Last time I try and get others to join.

Not really sure why Curve has gone and removed my posts for being ‘offensive’ …

You can make a complaint instead of keep posting here. complaints@imaginecurve.com

I did. It was ignored.

When did you do that exactly?