Even deleted card can not be used in another account

Hello.

I have two accounts in my bank for two currencies.
For each account I have two cards - for me and for my wife.
So, 4 cards in total, 2 with my name and 2 with the name of my wife.
I added 3 of them to my Curve account (my 2 and one of cards of my wife).
And I used all of them through Curve.
Then I deleted the card of my wife from my Curve and she ordered her own Curve.
She successfully added card which was not added to my Curve to her Curve.
But she can not add to her Curve her card which previously was added (and already deleted) to my Curve.
Curve shows error message “We are having some problems”.

Basically the best solution is to allow adding of one card in several Curve accounts.

But in this exact case maybe you can manually remove lock of that card to my Curve account or something.
Otherwise how she can use Curve if she can not add her card to it?

She already wrote to support, but received answer like “we already know about that, we’re working, we do not know when it will be done”. I’m not sure if it was just an automatic answer or you talk about our exact case or you talk about common ability to use a card in several Curve accounts, but what she should do right now? She really want to use Curve, we like it.

1 Like

i would say ask bank for new card - (new card will have different card number.
problem solved.

3 Likes

And end up changing card details on various subscriptions, billing and online payments etc…

Surely curve can remove the old card from the husband’s account so it can be used on the wife’s account.

Cancelling your card to get around this problem is like taking hammer to crack a nut.

2 Likes

It usually cost money

1 Like

i only gave an option - and probably the quickest one at that

Simply send curve an email and wait for them to remove the card

And it free

no bank iv been with have charged me to replace a debit or credit card

Bank is in another country and I’ll be there only after a few months.

Already tried

I suspect you may have breached Curve’s T&C by adding your wife’s account to Curve - which partly explains the problems you are having.

You are only supposed to add your own cards to your Curve account.

3 Likes

According to Curve’s t&c you are not allowed to add cards that are not in your name. So by adding a card in your wife’s name you violated the t&c.
But that aside, even when you remove a card from your Curve account, its still “linked/connected/saved” to your account, we saw that a few times already during updates that deleted cards reappeared.

You should contact Curve support via email but just a heads up, Curve is allowed to deactivate your account since you violated their t&c
From previous comments in the forum I can tell you it might be easier to just get a new card for your wife, even if it means you have to wait a few months.

3 Likes

This is a wider problem , looks like. My wife has an add-on card on my credit card. She is jut not able to add her card, which is on her name but with same 16 digit number and same expiry date, and CVV. It keeps saying card is already added by another member even though the name is different .

1 Like

It’s not an automated response. It’s their typical response - arrogant, and hardly any substance in their response with minimal details. Being the investor in the company and a user of card, I feel bad to see their awful customer service.

3 Likes

Didnt know it was possible to have 2 cards with different cc owners and same exact cc number. All my addon cards have a different cc number than the primary card.

1 Like

Joint accounts from some banks will issue both cards with same 16 digit number, but different names on card.

1 Like

Capital One credit card in uk issues cards like this…

I wrote to them many times, still the same answer ‘We’re currently aware of an issue’
No help at all

2 Likes

Hey Peter
i’ve had the same issue its been 5 months since they said they were looking into it so they clearly aren’t looking into it and i’m disappointed in curve especially as an investor of them

3 Likes

I had this issue too. The problem is many banks use the same PAN for the primary cardholder as for secondary cardholders on the same account. So a husband and wife cannot both use curve using a card on the same account.

1 Like

Simple answer is new card