Exchange rate incorrect

So I took out €200 yesterday and the exchange rate shows as £1 = €0.58 but the actual rate is £1 = €1.15. :man_shrugging:t4:

prd

2 Likes

Hi @Malik :wave: This looks like a display issue. Our support team will be able to investigate this and help you out if you contact us on support@curve.app. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is just a display issue, the actual rate is fine. I’ve seen this before as well so wanted to bring it to your attention.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! We have let our engineers know about this and we hope it will be resolved soon.

1 Like

Hello,

I also have an issue for card payments, under the limitations, so should be fee-free exchanges!:

It seems like the curve does not follow the interbank rates, it countinously convert the money with around +1% even on weekdays. I have several purchases where I should have gotten better coneversion rate, because the interbank rate changed since the morning, and in the afternoon I still get the old rate, which was true in the morning, and not the new favorable one, so it is not refreshed every hour. Is it a hidden fee from Curve or what?
I have sent an email about this issue to the Curve, but so far they could not give me a logical explanation about this issue.
Has anybody experienced it?
Revolut displays interbank rate in every second, also you can check up the interbank rate on different websites! on 9 April, at aroung 21:00 the interbank rate was about 352-353 HUF. And I got this 358 HUF/EUR rate in the last 24 hours, even when the rate went down to 352-353 since days.
Capture12|281x500

1 Like

I also can second this behaviour of the curve app. To fob us off as a ‘display issue’ is pretty poor, i think too many people now are beginning to cotton on to curve’s own FX rate which clearly isn’t tracked correctly to the going market rate even when it’s stated it should in their own terms. Yes I understand it isn’t tracked with Currency Layer’s regular update, only every hour, but Curve’s rate is still not accurate and always costs the cardholder more than it should.

This is in the works :smiley:

I thought that was for ATM withdrawals? @kristof111 seems to be referring to purchases?

1 Like

The OP is referring to withdrawal

1 Like

Please confirm you’ll do the decent thing here, and show the basic rate applied plus explicitly/transparently the fees curve is applying?

You should show fixed fees (eg £2 ATM fee - for a small withdrawal when over the free limit ) and percentage fees (eg 0.5% weekend markup, plus 2% ATM fee - for a larger withdrawal at the weekend)

As an interim measure, perhaps you could break down, together in one place, (here, or somewhere easily referencable) all the fiddling of exchange rates that goes on in the interests of transparency? As others have commented on related threads, digging out this info is difficult.

2 Likes

card payments!
sorry if my post has landed in the wrong place!

1 Like

no, my fault - I just assumed Curve’s follow up was in relation to your post, rather than the post from 11 months ago. My bad

Gathering the conversations into one: Our Exchange Rate Display Issue