False declines that charge the underlying card

Happened twice now - both with tescos…curve declines the transcation to the supplier, but the underlying card is charged anyway!

First is finally resolved but the second is stuck with support who dont even read the messages properly (how does declined look like pending!) and reply with boilerplate messages and support links.

As for trying to get an explanation - would currently just settle for my money refunded!
There really is no excuse now for the years of appalling customer service on what should be such an excellent product.

I’ve had this a few times. Curve card declined but underlying card authorized. It always solved itself because the authorization was never captured and dropped off automatically after a few days.

Hi curveball, (wonderful handle by the way) welcome to the Curve Community. :wave:

I’m really sorry that you are experiencing this kind of problem.

I’m sorry to say then only thing I’d advise you to do is to send customer service another email clearly stating your issue, just like you have here.

I hope they get back to you with a bitter outcome then you’ve had before.

All the best,

Leon.

I hope you mean ‘better’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Well that was a typo and a half. Yes I did mean better but I’d leave it up there as well why not? :wink:

2 Likes