Go back in time (pre wirecard)

Somehow I have the impression that this will be ignored in pure Curve fashion ™

2 Likes

In my opinion I think it makes sense that they’re unable to offer GBIT for old transactions. These transactions were made through Wirecard, and since Curve have now cut their links with them (and so have many other companies) they can’t really modify those transactions in anyway. Modifying these would require operations to occur via Wirecard, which isn’t possible anymore.

The refunds for these make sense, I assume Wirecard had to send all the refunds over to Curve directly, and then Curve deposited these into each customers Curve Cash accounts.

But if you have a transaction for £50 on a wirecard card. Why can’t you refund it on one card and then charge a different card using the new system?

Because Curve is no longer ‘connected’ to Wirecard, so any transactions that went through them previously (as they used to process Curve transactions as far as I understand) can’t be modified in anyway. Refunds are a special case and I suspect if anyone requested refunds for pre-wirecard transactions, they wouldn’t be instant.

I don’t really care how they do it or what the mechanics are – they repeatedly said for the last 2 weeks that this was going to be ‘fixed’ with no mention that they weren’t going to be able to GBiT pre-Wirecard-fiasco transactions. The breezy fixed posting Friday thoughtlessly made no mention of this either.

3 Likes

https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003754269-How-do-I-move-a-transaction-?mobile_site=true

When will you refund me?

When using Go Back in Time, your bank statement can often be a little bit slower to update. You should see the refund appear on your original payment card statement within 1-5 working days.

1 Like

Predictable disgraceful silence from Curve who continue to treat customers with contempt.

3 Likes

Does anybody know anything about GBiT possibility for transaction before 29.6.2020? I have asked support, their first reply was, that it will be possible, but after that only silence, no other reply to my question when can I expect this possibility…

Probably only possible after 90 days in which it will be too late

1 Like

Fully agree, I am just hoping we’ll see the light to an alternative that at least cares about its customers.
What goes around comes back around.

I noticed the new GBIT isn’t quite as smooth as the old one. Before if I did a GBIT just after making a purchase it would essentially just cancel out the preauth on my first card and the charge would only post to my second card.

Now the charge and refund post to the first card regardless and the charge posts to the second. As if I had done the GBIT days later after the transaction had settled.

I know this isn’t a big deal and the end result is the same. Just felt the process was a bit cleaner before.

1 Like

Even in the old GBIT process, I have always seen 3 transactions - one debit and one credit to the initial card account, and one debit to the new card. I’ve mostly done GBIT days or weeks after the original transaction date - so that explains it.

I think it depends on whether the merchant is genuinely doing a pre-auth (for e.g. at hotels) or a transaction (for e.g. at Lidl).

I agree.

I did a GBIT nearly two weeks ago - it’s posted to the new card but hasn’t refunded to the original card.

After multiple attempts at contacting Curve, I’ve had no response.

Anyone else has this issue?

Anyone have go back in time (GBIT) ‘unavailable’ before the 90th day?

I did two transactions on 23 May, one transaction on 24th May, and two on 26th May. GBIT for all showing as ‘unavailable’.

Yup. Anything pre-wirecard change (so late June) is unavailable and will stay unavailable.

1 Like

The sooner you give up hope about those transactions - the more time and anger you are going to save!

Curve support told me:

‘You can also use the “Go Back in Time” feature to move the payment to an underlying debit card and your fee will be fully refunded. Don’t forget, this must be done within 90 days of making the payment!’

Btw, I figured out not to allow emotions to play a part in financial affairs a long time ago. No need to GBIT on that front.

In general this statement is correct. But as @alexschernyshev said this isn’t correct for transactions that were made during the time that Curve was still making use of Wirecard, you can not use GbiT for those transactions. This is the case for all those transactions, so also for Curve Fronted ones.

This statement sounds familiar. Yep!, in a recent email to the ICO I said ‘Both these statements cannot be correct.’. Clearly, you have access to privileged information about dissidents.

We are bound by the terms of the agreement not by what @alexschernyshev says.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re arguing here.
Curve’s blog:

:white_check_mark: Go Back in Time (GBiT) → It’s back! You can now GBiT any transaction after 29th June 2020. When we moved away from Wirecard on 26 June, we had to rebuild GBiT. Rebuilding meant restarting, so GBiT is technically just 11 days old now. You can still GBiT for up to 90 days, we haven’t changed that – it just has to age a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

Note how it clearly says that GBiT only works for transactions after June 29th, for obvious reasons.