Google/Samsung Pay broken

I reported an issue adding my card to Samsung Pay in late November. I eventually had a response saying that “We’ve identified a problem that’s preventing a small portion of users from adding their card to Samsung and Google Pay.” I’ve chased this a few times, but the response has always been “we’re working on it”. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? And is there a more definitive explanation of what’s wrong, and when a fix can be expected?

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I made Curve card specially to use it with Samsung Pay and to be able to pay with my Samsung Watch 3. Is a shame that suddenly Samsung Pay is not more accepting Curve cards.

I added my Curve Card to Samsung Pay yesterday so it does work.

But not for everyone. As I said in the original post, it affects a “small portion of users” of an undisclosed size

Same issue here for Google Pay. I’ve got the same answer from support as you. I’ve even requested for a card re-issue but informed me that even that won’t help on the matter.

It’s a shame that we don’t have at least an explanation or a workaround. I’ve even though about creating a new account with another phone number but I’m not sure that is going to work either.

The funny thing is that the card will work for online payments but not for NFC payments.

This issue is almost 2 months old. (since 20 November 2020 if I’m not mistaken). Let’s hope we get an update on the matter soon. More users with the same issue can be found in the “We’ve launched Google Pay” post here: We've launched Google Pay - #509 by t-shock

I tried again to add mu Curve card to Samsung Pay.
I received next message:
“You can contact your card issuer to request them to add support for Samsung Pay.”
So, I can say again that is a shame that Samsung Pay is not more accepting Curve cards.
I have a non-UK Curve card as I am from Romania.
I asked Curve about when will be possible to add my Curve card to Samsung Pay.
The Answer was:

My apologies for the miscommunication, I can can confirm that customers in your region, Romania are not yet able to add their Curve cards to Samsung Pay.
We currently don’t have a set timeframe for when non-UK customers will be able to add their Curve cards to Samsung Pay but we’ll update all of our customers on our website and social channels when this becomes available.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any further advice on how to add your card to Samsung Pay and accessories. However, as previously mentioned we are glad that you have been able to add your Curve card to Google Pay.
I’m sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

So, nice words but no information.