I'm your new Community Manager! 👋

I’m your new Community Manager! :wave:

Hey everyone, :wave:

Many of you have likely seen me about on the Community already but my name’s Joel, and I’m pleased to be able to reintroduce myself now as the new full-time Community Manager for the Curve Community! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Having originally started in Curve’s customer service team, before then joining the social media team, I’m used to chatting with other Curve users and I’m excited to to take on feedback from the Community so we can keep on improving Curve for everyone!
I’m also looking forward to chatting with the members of the community in general to create a place where Curve’s most passionate users can get to know each other better in between feature updates and announcements.

Now, just to give a sneak peek of some of the the upcoming plans for Community:

• I’ll be working with the wider Curve social team to bring new members into the Community from our other social media platforms.
  • Once the Community is growing and we’ve got fun conversation happening again I’ll look towards adding calendar events to look forward to where you’ll be able to interact with each other and Curve staff alike.
  • I’ll be posting more regular updates from the Curve team to keep you all in the loop with what’s going on at Curve and with Curve’s services.
  • I’ll be working closely with the @moderators, @CountryModerator and Leaders to make sure everyone feels like they can contribute in the ways they’d like to and without feeling pressured to do more than they enjoy doing!
  • Long term, I’ll be working to make the Community more intuitive and welcoming for new users and to bring on representatives from across Curve’s staff so that you have the most knowledgeable members of the Curve team available to you.

I’m still getting to know the platform but if there’s anything you think I should be aware of in the meantime then please don’t hesitate to pop me a message directly.
I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you! :mailbox_with_mail:

11 Likes

Welcome @Curve_Joel, and congrats for you new role! :tada:

4 Likes

I’ll look towards adding calendar events to look forward to where you’ll be able to interact with each other and Curve staff alike.

Do you have a timeframe?

I’ll be posting more regular updates from the Curve team

Could you define ‘more regular’? Every week? Every month? Every 6 months? Every year?

to bring on representatives from across Curve’s staff so that you have the most knowledgeable members of the Curve team available to you.

Do you have a timeframe?
I’m used on reading Curve promising all sort of wonderful things and then waiting indefinitely without receiving anything.

If this is going to be a good change, I believe the first change should be that staff starts committing with some timeframe, otherwise the words by themself are useless.

2 Likes

Hey again!

I don’t have dates available for future events currently as these haven’t been organised yet. I’ve begun planning to have a Christmas themed event which will be a nice way to get to know what sort of interactions community members are looking for!

I’ll post new updates when available and then at the end of each month I’ll create a roundup of news/ updates from the month. The first roundup will come at the end of November.

I don’t have a timeframe available for bringing additional staff to the Community as this is just a quick peek of what I’ll begin working on in the coming months to improve the Community for its members. My aim is to be as open and transparent with the Community as possible regarding my plans without making promises I don’t know that I can keep. This means I can’t always provide precise timeframes in the early stages of a project but I’ll be happy to provide updates as I work to achieve these goals if you’d like to message me. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve begun planning to have a Christmas themed event

The fact that you are already planning a Christmas themed event is a good sign by itself and sets a timeframe: first event will be before Christmas.

After the Christmas event I would however expect something like: “Given the participation/interest of people at the Christmas event we decided that we will host at least X events every year” to give us a way to measure Curve commitment in keeping their promises.

I’ll create a roundup of news/ updates from the month. The first roundup will come at the end of November.

Ok, so that means ‘At least once a month’

I don’t have a timeframe available for bringing additional staff to the Community

IMO that is the most important step you should pursue: it would be great to be able to speak directly with the staff.
I can understand you don’t have a timeframe now for involving them, but I’d ask if you could provide a timeframe for having a timeframe.

Reassured that Curve is reaffirming its commitment to this forum.

I had worried that lack of engagement of late on the forum on the part of Curve was an indicator that they were preparing to walk away from the forum altogether.

I’ve been with Curve since they opened to general consumers in the UK and part of their USP was interaction and collaboration with users, it had felt like this was petering away of late.

Welcome Joel and all the best in your new role.

4 Likes

A very warm welcome @Curve_Joel - looking forward to working with you! :raised_hands:

2 Likes