Introducing: Anti-Embarrassment Mode 😳

Great feature! I like it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

At last. I was contemplating downgrading my Metal card because of the high number of declines. This is especially useful for repeating payments and subscriptions, where a decline can be particularly inconvenient.

For those whinging that transactions are still being declined remember that this will only help where the underlying card is declined. If the POS system doesn’t recognise Curve or fails to connect to the bank then it won’t make any difference.

1 Like

Or if the 2 cards are from the same banks
And they have technical problems

Well, that wouldn’t be curve’s fault, would it…?

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t know if I am missing a point. But shouldn’t someone at Curve work on the fact that there’s so many decline from all sorts of merchant/Card company?
Decline number come to inverable, also I had several issue that card being declined but charged. So I now don’t bother using Curve (I have black metal) but actual credit card for important translation, especially business oriented. Decline mare is simply not acceptable for accounting/book keepoing purposes.

2 Likes

In which country are you experiencing those declines?

1 Like

I’m in UK. Had decline for domestic transaction as well as international.

1 Like

What are the first eight digits of your card? 5375 9000?

1 Like

It is 9005.

It didn’t work for me today when I made a purchase for £8.99 on Amazon UK.

Primary card:

• Crypto.com (MCO) debit card (with only £2 on it)

Backup cards:

1. Barclaycard

2. Barclays Bank Debit card

1 Like

No that’s true
I have 2 backup cards from 2 difference bank’
1 lunar.app
2 revolut.com

1 Like

Unfortunately your solution does not work for me, because no matter which card is used transacions are rejected. My 100% working anti embarassment feature is called “do not use Curve”

3 Likes

Same for me

1 Like

Has anyone successfully used this feature?

Just tried to make a purchase on Amazon which was declined due to insufficient funds on the underlying card.

Curve declined outright though with no apparent attempt (unless I am missing something) to charge the backup card I have set up.

1 Like

Works for me

3 Likes

Works for me as well - selected underlying card had insufficient funds, so the Curve took money from backup card. :partying_face::+1:

As somebody already mentioned, it has to be a problem with underlying card to make anti-embarrassment mode work. If there is a problem with Curve card itself, anti-embarrassment mode won’t help you… :deaf_man:

3 Likes

For me the same it gets declined.
It would great if there is some log with more detailed information about a transaction?

Also how quick or how long does it take to do the check? Is there some timeout? What if the Curve card holder tries it a second attempt?

Can Curve inform us better and respond on information/complaints requests?

1 Like

I have 2 backup cards but curve charges only the first backup card. I do not know why there is no use of the second card. I tried to add first backup card that does not have funds and second card with funds. Curve declined transaction while there were no available funds. Curve did not try to charge second card! So this anti- embarrassment does not work correctly for me.

1 Like

Yes I’ve used this several times works amazing