Introducing Smart Rules 🧠

Hey everyone, thanks for this great feedback on our new Smart Rules feature!
As this feature has only just been launched our team is eager to continue improving it alongside the initial testing done during our Beta for this feature. I’ll pass on your requested filter categories so our team can review these for future addition @Nelthorim, @NFH, @lgx, @Pagemakers, @JHE, @simi and @dougy. :grin:

10 Likes

This is great! The current implementation probably covers 90%+ of transactions for me. Like others I’d love to see the possibility to create rules for individual merchants as well, but I hope that it’s coming soon.

3 Likes

Love this! A good start for this function.

I can confirm only 3 rules are allowed.

1 Like

@Curve_Joel I am not sure if it has been noticed but could you pass along my bug report as well?

2 Likes

Are you on iOS, I am on Android and I can create more than 3 rules.

1 Like

There is. Amount rule, choose currency from the listand set the amount.

I am on Android too.

In that case it’s weird, you can only create 3.

I have only a free plan

1 Like

Check amount rule and choose currency from the list.

As with others here. Some sort of merchant rule is needed. In fact on my Android app the search box says “category or merchant” - so maybe it was there?

I’ve recurring payments, for example my insurance through Aviva. I need to be able to say a category of “business services” and a merchant of “Aviva*” (notice the * wildcard) so that just those are picked up.

The reason. I don’t get cashback for them on my default card in Curve - the rule would save me having to GBiT if I forget to change the underlying card that night.

Also, as well as directing to a specific card it’d be nice to be able to specify a new category as well. In the above example every month I reclassify those transactions as “bills”.

The just a category rule seems too encompassing. It destroys the ability to switch cards in Curve doesn’t it? I want the “smart rules” to cater for the exception to the rule, not be the rule. I know that sounds backwards, but surely the day to day should still go to the currently selected underlying card.

I know each to their own, I’m just trying to further bolster my point that the rules need to allow for more complexity and be combined.

I don’t do much with currency, but can understand peoples desire for a currency rule. Again, as with merchant these should be combinable together.

Any “shopping” over £100 to credit card.
Any “groceries” at ASDA to ASDA card.
Etc.

GBiT will still have to be used now-and-again as with others here, the categories are often “wrong” (I realise that this isn’t necessarily a Curve issue) that the rules won’t always kick in or will when you don’t want them to.

Ok, that explains it. Thanks for sharing. Weird that this restriction for the free plan isn’t mentioned in the help pages.

Actually there is even a mention that there is no restriction on the number of rules that can be created.

2 Likes

So it is another premium feature to have more than 3 smart rules …lol

That’s not what this currency selector does. This currency selector merely allows you to choose the currency in which you specify the amount threshold. For example, if you specify >$100, then a transaction for $200 or €200 will go to the specified card, whereas a transaction for $50 or €50 will not.

We want to choose that all EUR transactions go to a specific card, and that all USD transactions go to another specific card, irrespective of size.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have rule to block any transactions in any other currency than one defined by user. Would prevent tricky/unwanted DCC.

4 Likes

That’s how it works, set the amount to 1, choose the currency and everything goes to the card you want.

1 Like

Wow, really? Are you on Metal or a free plan?

Totally bizarre, mine doesn’t work like that at all. I’ve got no problem setting up rules based on a currency value of $1 and €1 on my metal account, leaving sterling transactions to pass through unscathed.

You should open up a ticket to complain if yours isn’t working properly.

1 Like

Amount can be currency, choose currency and set it to 1 and have the right card for that currency.

Great feature, but please add:

• Rule by currency
  • by Wildcard (example if word “apple” is found)
5 Likes